changing the bud color?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

octobong007

smoke-alotta-pottamus
Reaction score
ok, bear with me here, i'm a little stoned...i know, hard to believe, but...i am.

when i was young, i used to experiment with a type of "food" coloring and cant remember what kind. i would play with the color of roses, hey, we all need our release and mine's always been growing things. now, the roses, near the end of their cycle, i would inject a small small amount of this coloring into the lower stem for like 3 or 4 days in a row, which would alter the color but not the oder. can this be done to mj ladies without threatening their well being and quality? to turn the bud into tye-dye of some sort...just think it would be kewl to do, plus its quality time with the girls. now if this question seems retarded, its because i harvested almost a week ago...but even in my mentally derranged state right now, seems like an honest question. anyone ever play with this or have documentation on it?

Yo octobongo,
Great idea, Love it to pieces. That would look to cool, but would probably scare the bejeesus outa most stoners. LOL
I do a lot of wood working including a type of wood inlay called Itarsia. There are only a few articles that I have been able to find on the absortion of dyes into plants, and none of them cover injection.
I really will look into this idea as best as I can, cause the idea is just too brilliant to let go of easily.here is what I am talking about with the colored wood.woodworking016.jpg
woodworking014.jpg

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

woodworking016.jpg

woodworking014.jpg

Yes it can, i have done it with MJ.
I did it right after i harvested. I did not dry it. I just stuck the stem into the food coloring with a little water. ( i tryed it with alot of water and alittle dye too, and it didnt dye it very well.)
the bud's went Purple in about 2 days. It moves up the stems, then out to the leaves.
after you put the stem into the dye, you can either put the dye/bud into the freezer, or stick it back under the light you flowered with.

It also works good, if you let the Bud dry out alittle bit, it seems to dye it alittle better.
But to be honest, i thought that the dyed buds didnt taste too good. and that the buds of the same strain, that werent dyed tasted better.
I have also heard you can use Kool-Aid, and that it taste better or something.

Thats what i did. After harvest i treated it like cut roses and put a branch in a vase. I then put a s*** load of blue food coloring(the hannafords brand) and it turned the buds a nice blue. It took like 10 days to change color and i think it slightly affected the taste compared to the rest of the crop but it was some sick looking bud

would scare me tie dye hahahaha trippy but id smoke the **** out of it bet that, as long as i knew it wasnt laced haha yea

I have dabbled with this idea and i have done the artifical flavoring of plants, fruits, flowers....

coloring is kewl, and I use it to identify my strains once harvested (this was for another plant). but I plan on doing it with my new plants :)

Latest posts

Back