Changing the pH of your water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkerluke

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to know what people use to change the pH of their water. I am growing in soil, and would appreciate a suggestion of products people found to work well. Thanks everyone.

You can get PH up and PH minus at wal-mart in the swimming pool chemical section ;) or you can go to the local pet store to get the complete kit, costs around $20 for the PH up + down + testing drops, and when you run out of the + and -, then i suggest swimming supplies ;) works fine for me...

tokinmarine2008 said:
General Hydropnics pH Up and pH Down

I have this GH kit, and a generic bottled refill kind my hydro shop sells. Both work fine.

If you're trying to keep everything organic a better option might be Earth Juice "Natural Up" and "Natural Down" as they are organic friendly. Otherwise any ph up and down product at your local indoor garden store will do the job.

Happy Growing!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
If you're trying to keep everything organic a better option might be Earth Juice "Natural Up" and "Natural Down" as they are organic friendly. Otherwise any ph up and down product at your local indoor garden store will do the job.

Happy Growing!:cool:

D o S, please inform our troubled hydro buddy that viniger could verywell be adding to his problems. I think you know who I'm talkin bout.
Thanks DS

DirtySouth said:
D o S, please inform our troubled hydro buddy that viniger could verywell be adding to his problems. I think you know who I'm talkin bout.
Thanks DS

Yeah... I did! a week or more ago... I'll do it again... Red Wine Vinegar is for cooking!:rolleyes:

Lemon juice ftw i use a tablespoon of that to 2 gallons of water to get my tap water from 7.6-7.8 to 6.9ish after the chlorine has evaporated ofc or i would use bicarb to raise the ph

PS vinegar is too unstable not a good idea :p

You are better off a product made for this purpose. Pool and spa pH up and down generally use products not good for plants. Food products break down fairly quickly.

:yeahthat::goodposting:

Using ph up/down made for plants also adds goood stuff the plants can use to grow better.:aok:

THG you are most assuredly right, however when you have to drive a 195 mile round trip journey, just to hit a hydro store, or a 3 mile trip, just to hit wal-mart ...ya kinda take what you can get ;(

greenthumberish said:
THG you are most assuredly right, however when you have to drive a 195 mile round trip journey, just to hit a hydro store, or a 3 mile trip, just to hit wal-mart ...ya kinda take what you can get ;(

LOL--I have to take a 125 mile trip just to get to a Wal-Mart. I order virtually everything I need online (I was once asked if I was having an affair with the UPS guy because he is at my place so much :D).

hahaha, nice! Reverse situation...I'm sure you and the UPS guy were on first name and 'would you like a cup of coffee' terms ;) I just feel sketchy about ordering things online and having it billed directly to my CC....I opened a seperate checking account so I could do online transactions without worry of someone draining the little savings I have set aside... ;)

greenthumberish said:
hahaha, nice! Reverse situation...I'm sure you and the UPS guy were on first name and 'would you like a cup of coffee' terms ;) I just feel sketchy about ordering things online and having it billed directly to my CC....I opened a seperate checking account so I could do online transactions without worry of someone draining the little savings I have set aside... ;)

You should do the same with a low balance CC if you haven't already. I can take a $500 hit--I couldn't take a $50000 hit.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--I have to take a 125 mile trip just to get to a Wal-Mart. I order virtually everything I need online (I was once asked if I was having an affair with the UPS guy because he is at my place so much :D).

I feel ya, THG... I had a regular UPS guy years ago that as I was signing for my package he says something like "I'm wondering what you're building in there?" :eek: I nonchalantly let it go and had some small talk about ordering lots for my business and he didn't seem too serious about his concerns but... I'm glad we have a different driver just about every time these days.

I live in a city with a couple hydro stores and I still order plenty if it will save me some money with the shipping costs. Most small items like ph adjuster can be found for the same price with shipping that you'd pay in your local store if you had one... I've found some items like replacement bulbs to be MUCH cheaper on the internet and often with free shipping.

Peace!:cool:

Originally Posted by greenthumberish

PencilHead said:
You should do the same with a low balance CC if you haven't already. I can take a $500 hit--I couldn't take a $50000 hit.

It's always good to guard your accounts as much as you can. Even though you aren't responsible for fraudulent use of your credit it can turn your life upside down when it happens to you and limiting your exposure is a great idea...

Peace!:cool:

Thank you for your suggestions everyone, I'll go with something organic specifically for plants. The side conversation was interesting as well:D

Latest posts

Back