Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Chat room?

Herbsparky

Staring At Shadows
Reaction score
Was curious if you have plans on adding a chat room to your forums? I find it a good way to get to know other members and share ideas and grow tips. Also...Any chance of expanding the emoticon list?

nobogart

Reaction score
Refugee said:
Was curious if you have plans on adding a chat room to your forums? I find it a good way to get to know other members and share ideas and grow tips. Also...Any chance of expanding the emoticon list?
got chat over at my place!:D

Taniwha

Reaction score
Wheres your place? U got a bowl of weed waiting for mr there :D

MarPassion

Administrator
Reaction score
A chat would be a nice option.

If you guys can help me out with both, emoticons and chat then I think it's no problem. But searching for the right software is taking lots of time, so if anyone know any software that works great and is free then let me know.

I'm pretty busy at the moment with some other stuff but if we all can do a little bit to this site it will be cool.

Goldie

Reaction score
Amen to that, MarP. I am doing my part here - yak yak yak - lol. I guess I am the resident motormouth (according to NTC) ;)

This board was TINY, guys, when I found it. MarP has made a lot of improvements - and I know there is more to come. It is all too sweet...:)

Diseased Strain

Reaction score
Basic ParaChat Rooms make your web site a live, interactive community for friends, family, and web surfers! Adding a Basic ParaChat Room to your site is fast and easy! Simply enter a chat room name that you select, and your HTML is conveniently displayed for you to copy and paste into your web site. No email address is required! Just add the HTML to the chat page on your web site, and you're ready to chat! Add as many Basic ParaChat rooms as you want. They're free! Click here to get yours now!

Current Release
ParaChat Service: Basic
Current Version: v5.5 Hosted
Client Build: v55-rel-5510
Latest Java Release: 1.5.0_02

Public Documentation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How It Works
ParaChat now offers two ways to add a Basic ParaChat Room to your site! Select which type of Basic ParaChat Room is best for you, and provide a chat room name that you choose. The HTML to add a Basic ParaChat Room to your site is conveniently displayed to you immediately. Feel free to request both types of Basic ParaChat Rooms - the choice is yours.

Original Basic ParaChat Rooms
The chat room that made us famous! Basic Integrated ParaChat Rooms are seamlessly added to your web site by embedding HTML into a web page. Simple changes to the HTML make Basic Integrated ParaChat Rooms fully customizable to the color scheme of your web site. Get Yours Now!

Basic Pop-Up ParaChat Rooms
Now you can add an attractive "Chat Now" button to any page (or all pages!) on your web site to launch your own Basic ParaChat Room in a pop-up window. Users will easily find and enter your Basic ParaChat Room from any page on your site where you place the button. Get Yours Now!
Fill up your ParaChat room with users! Basic ParaChat Rooms can be placed on multiple web sites to drive traffic to your chat room. Send your Basic ParaChat Room HTML to friends and family and ask them to add it to their web site too. You will attract users from all over the Net, make new friends, and have more fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why Get a Basic ParaChat Room?
Easy to set up! Copy & paste a few lines of HTML to your web page and the ParaChat room is ready!
Multiple Language Options
Easy to use! No software, downloads or plug-ins required. ParaChat works with your browser.
Fast and VERY popular! Over 2,082,419 ParaChat rooms have been licensed!
No additional bandwidth or load on your systems! ParaChat runs from our high-bandwidth servers.
Maintenance-Free! Basic ParaChat servers are centrally administered, and new upgrades are available automatically.
Large 100-user capacity
Get Yours Now!

ParaChat Basic Features

Easy to set up! Copy & paste a few lines of HTML to your web page and the ParaChat room is ready!
Easy to use! No software, downloads or plug-ins required. ParaChat works with your browser.
Fast and VERY popular! Over 2,082,419 ParaChat rooms have been licensed!
No additional bandwidth or load on your systems! ParaChat runs from our high-bandwidth servers.
Maintenance-Free! Basic ParaChat servers are centrally administered, and new upgrades are available automatically.
Large 100-user capacity
Get Yours Now!
Why Upgrade to Advanced?
Try Advanced and get these great features not available with Basic ParaChat Rooms:
Starts at Only $4.59!
No Ads
25 or more simultaneous users per room
Expel and ban users
Login as a "Hidden" admin user
Profanity Filter
Set room topic
Open and close your room
Set a room password
Conduct web tours
Firewall friendly
Get ParaChat Advanced now!
Public Documentation
Price List
Purchase Advanced Service

Technical Support
Technical support is free! While you are considering a Basic ParaChat room as your chat solution, please send technical support email to our ParaChat Support. Our Team will provide a personal response to your requests in the order in which they are received.

Advertising Notice
The Basic ParaChat Room Network has been advertising-supported since 1996. Delivery of advertising has been optimized to present advertiser creative in the least intrusive fashion for our users. This careful attention to both our advertiser and user needs helps to ensure a rich chat experience that can be provided free-of-charge on a perpetual basis. We want you to know that during each user session, two separate browser windows will display in a 5-minute interval. Each window contains ParaChat information, polls, and advertisements. You have the option to close these windows once they have displayed. In doing so, you will enjoy your ParaChat session free of banner advertisements thereafter.
For an advertising-free chat experience, we invite you become a full ParaChat Member, or to license one of our fee-based, feature-rich Hosted ParaChat Solutions, which start at only $4.59.

Diseased Strain

Reaction score
I set up a free one Named Marijuana Passion.

The link is here if anyone wants to come chat. I'm not sure how the pop up chat works so, run through a proxy if you dont trust it.

<!-- Begin Basic ParaChat v6.0 Code -->
<form>
<input type="image" src="http://chat.parachat.com/images/pc.gif" border="0"
onClick="window.open('http://chat.parachat.com/chat/login.html?room=Marijuana_passion&width=600&height=400', 'parachat', 'width=600,height=400,location=no,menubar=no')"> </form>
<!-- End Basic ParaChat v6.0 Code -->

Heh, sorry that's the HTML code for the Chat now Button that they say to imbed in the site somewhere. It's up to you MarP. But it would work for free chat I guess.

Diseased Strain

Reaction score
Ok this is pissing me off. I hate computers. I guess the button needs to be clicked to get the pop-up chat to open. So it must be imbeded into a HTML form somewhere before I can even use it. That sucks.

Diseased Strain

Reaction score
ParaChat is a 100% Java application. By its nature, the Java applet is very
secure. An applet runs in a "sandbox" inside a browser, where no file operation
is allowed. Nor can an applet read or write files, and this eliminates the vast
majority of security problems that exist on the Internet today.

Additionally, an applet cannot open a network connection other than with the
originating host server. For example, the applet HTML uses a codebase URL from
which the Java class files are downloaded directly:

<applet codebase=http://pro5.parachatpro.com .........>

In this case, the applet can only open a connection to pro5.parachatpro.com - which is
owned and operated by ParaChat. This is very restrictive, and it provides even
more security. There are also "signed applets", which present a higher security
risk. Although some other chat software's utilize signed applets, ParaChat does
not.

For more information about security and Java applications, please visit Sun
Microsystem's Java web site at http://java.sun.com/sfaq/ (Note #1, #2, #8, and
#11).

Goldie

Reaction score
I know so little about the mechanics of them - got mine as a toy to play with, never thought I`d wind up here & now...

It`d be nice, though, to have that set-up. :)

MarPassion

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi DS, i tried it out and it seems to work great. It installs automatically Sun Java, but that's ok.

After that it works great i think.

But, i need to put up the button somewhere to go to the chat.

Ok, For a test I put it up on top of the forum, called LIVE CHAT!

See, how it works out.

Thanks for the link DS, perfect!

Diseased Strain

Reaction score
Xp has a built in fire wall that will stop the window. Other then that It should work.

Weeddog

Tokin Dog
Reaction score
OK, I'll try it later on when i get to a win98 based machine. :)

bizzy323

Reaction score
guys icq chat is good and free and can be added to the site. http://www.icq.com/panels/ircqnet/

Just make a link on the site and paste this script be be ready to go.
HTML SCRIPT

<center>
<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
WIDTH="580" HEIGHT="350" id="ieirc" ALIGN="">
<PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="http://irc.icq.com/flash/IRCQNet.swf"><PARAM NAME="quality" VALUE="high">
<PARAM NAME="bgcolor" VALUE="#FFFFFF">
<PARAM NAME="flashvars" VALUE="addr=irc.icq.com&port=7012&defaultRoom=#web">
<EMBED src="http://irc.icq.com/flash/IRCQNet.swf" quity="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" WIDTH="580" HEIGHT="350"
NAME="nsirc" ALIGN=""
FLASHVARS="addr=irc.icq.com&port=7012&defaultRoom=#MarPassion"
TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" id="nsirc">
</EMBED>
</OBJECT><br>
<span style="font-size: 12px;text-decoration: none;">Use of IrCQ-Net is subject to the <a href="http://www.icq.com/legal/ircqnet.html">IrCQ-Net Terms of Use</a> and the <a href="http://www.icq.com/legal/">ICQ Terms of Service</a></span>
</center>