Cheap LED light to start seedlings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually have used the HOT5s from start to finish and supplemented the CFLs for lights on the side of the canopy. Done this many times because HPS was to hot.

I went to home depot and bought a cheap 9 watt grow bulb for $8. My plan was to start a seedling under it and move it to my main grow cabinet in a few weeks after harvest, but the harvest took a month longer than expected. (Silly newbie listening to seedbanks flowering guides). Long story short, I was surprised how well my plant grew with that little light, it did great !

Feit Electric 9-Watt Equivalent E26 A19 Medium Base Non-Dim Indoor and Greenhouse Full Spectrum Plant Grow LED Light Bulb (1-Bulb) A19/GROW/LEDG2/

t
12_30.JPG
IMG_0487.JPG

Last edited:
Cool bulb brother. Might look into a few of those for seedlings.

Cool bulb brother. Might look into a few of those for seedlings.

Yeah, it worked well for me. The light runs so cool that you can hang it inches off your plant. This works great in small places.

They also have an 18 watt version of the light but seems over kill to me and it may run hot.

Why waist electricity with your main lights when small plants need so little juice?

KPT welcome to the Passion those small light for seedling and veg will do the job. But for flowering you will need better lights. Have fun growing.

Latest posts

Back