check ph often in a cloned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techrons78

Reaction score
I set my ph Sith my hormones at 5.8..ph..I know oh changes so I need to adjust daily? Please advise this is first time cloning. .tech

think ya might have a couple typos there but no problem. If you're in rockwool, which has a high initial ph, it needs to be soaked in some water around 5.5 or so for a day to get it down some.
Ph isn't that huge a factor in cloning so somewhere between 6.0 and 7.5 is just fine. The ph is more of a nutrient uptake issue. I don't adjust the ph until it's time to start feeding them. I think you'll find that cloning isn't as complicated as you think, you'll get it down after a couple times. Good luck!!!
Peace, Superman

Thank you..yes I am a lazy speller. . Well the clones are not dead yet lol.. we see. .I have them on 18-6..in an Octocloner spray bucket...tech

I wouldn't worry too much about ph, more the water temperature 65 to 75 and you'll be seeing roots soon. Just be patient, may take 10 days or more.
Peace, Superman

Ph should not matter when dealing with clones since you do not feed them. I just use plain water from the tap. It is when you start feeding a plant that ph becomes critical to maintain. Jmo

my tap water comes close to 8 ph, my clones never seemed to mind

Ph should not matter when dealing with clones since you do not feed them. I just use plain water from the tap. It is when you start feeding a plant that ph becomes critical to maintain. Jmo

:yeahthat:

Thank you..yes I am a lazy speller. . Well the clones are not dead yet lol.. we see. .I have them on 18-6..in an Octocloner spray bucket...tech

Put those cuts on 24/0. 18/6 is only gunna make them take longer to root.

Nice looking clone!! I wouldn't change a thing. I've just always kept mine at 24-0. Not that it's any better, it's just how I started out and it worked. I've just never been one to change something that I've had reasonable success with.

When there's several factors it's hard sometimes to put your finger on exactly what went wrong or right. If I take the clones from the bottom of the plant and don't let the res water get too cool or warm, things work out well.

Strain may be a factor. My AK 48, Big Bud and OG clone like a dream. But the Critical Kush and 8-Ball Kush can be contrary even setting side by side with the others in the cloner.
Peace, Superman

strange thing i witnessed this last grow, i threw clones near my flowering plants where they were covered with dome, and left in coco, in very cold weather when lights off, at about 68F when lights on, and to my surprise, i had them root 100%. i don't know if the 12/12 had to do with it, as it is the first time that i ever hear about it, so maybe there is something to it, and yeah, they never seemed to go into flowering...

strange thing i witnessed this last grow, i threw clones near my flowering plants where they were covered with dome, and left in coco, in very cold weather when lights off, at about 68F when lights on, and to my surprise, i had them root 100%. i don't know if the 12/12 had to do with it, as it is the first time that i ever hear about it, so maybe there is something to it, and yeah, they never seemed to go into flowering...
That's pretty cool zem!

I have had the same experience. I put 3 clones in my flower tent down low where they got no direct light and were chilly during lights out and they threw roots pretty quick and looked very healthy.

Here is a Banana Buckeye clone at 10 days.

That is a really healthy looking clone with good root growth. Do you use rooting hormone?
I think one of the bigger keys to success is not using too intense a light for clones. Less light the better. I read somewhere in Clarke's book that light actually inteferes with the rooting process.

To much light just turned mine yellow with little sign roots. Less is better! !
Peace, Superman

Latest posts

Back