Chili w/beans and mushrooms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend Willis

Senior Crackhead
Reaction score
I've been craving some chili now that it is getting cooler down here in the South. Our mornings and evenings have been perfect for a light jacket or a sweater. The dog and I took a ride this afternoon and I stopped at the grocery store for a few items. On the way there I smoked a bowl of Blue Mystic. By the time I was pushing my buggy down aisle 3, I couldn't remember what I came for. Damn drug addicts. This was my second trip because last time I forgot to get the hamburger to go in the chili.

What about the mushrooms? Well, as I was standing there on aisle 5 watching as bats dive bombed me, a can of mushrooms called to me and I threw 'em in the buggy with the hamburger (didn't forget it this time). A few of the brain cells I have remaining thought we were making spaghetti. The remaining brain cells on the other side of my brain weren't paying close attention, nor did they give a rat's ass about our supper menu. When I got home, I threw it all in the pot and cooked 'er up (yes, I added the mushrooms because there was no adult to supervise me). It turned out quite good. The dog loved it too. So, y'all come on over for a bowl of Chili w/mushrooms or a plate of spaghetti w/beans. It's all good. :cool:

Why do you think they call it dope. Indeed.

What the heck are you talkin about man..cool temps!!! They said upper 50's !!! All I got was upper 80's lyin AH's!!!!!!
BEWARE OF THE DOG though, he might not be your "oxygen" friendly type tonite. :p

Man I miss the south. I miss weather changes at all. The crisp feel in the air and slepeing under a pile of blankets in the winter. It does cool off around here but we get no signifigant weather changes.

Biffdoggie said:
Man I miss the south. I miss weather changes at all. The crisp feel in the air and slepeing under a pile of blankets in the winter. It does cool off around here but we get no signifigant weather changes.
Yeah, Biff. I know what you mean. I moved back here from the CA Central Valley 3 years ago. The weather is nice out there but they only have 2 seasons - green and brown. I was homesick for some grits and some seasonal changes. The (sometimes bass-ackward) South is not everyones cup of tea but I'm happy to call it home. The 11:00 news just said it was gonna hit the high 40s overnight. Time to drag out that pile of blankets and comforters. :cool:

Mutt said:
What the heck are you talkin about man..cool temps!!! They said upper 50's !!! All I got was upper 80's lyin AH's!!!!!!
BEWARE OF THE DOG though, he might not be your "oxygen" friendly type tonite. :p
Mutt, are you down south with the rest of us rednecks?
You're not kidding about the dog farts. This girl used to be a lot worse but I've learned to limit her bean intake. She eats pretty much everything I do so I have to watch her. It's really bad news when both of us have been eating mushroom chili. Come on by if you need your nose hairs curled.
Been skatin' lately? Not me. :cool:

wanna try canuck reverse chili? well ya open 3 cans of heinz beans; your choice but i like the molasses one. chop up 2 medium onions and mix the 2 together in a large saucepan, throw in some medium hot garlic salsa, about 12 oz., and a can of kennel corn, can of sliced mushrooms and heat it up. black olives or blk beans optional. stir till hot and serve with sourdough or cornbread. yummy. oh ya - theres no chili hehehe.

p.s. my buddy slices about 6 jalopeno peppers in hers - hot darn. enjoy

Hehe. Next time make a grocery list before ya smoke. :)

Glad your concoction turned out well. I'll come eat with ya. Mind if I bring some salsa and chips?

P.S. There is a VERY funny series of childrens' books based on Walter The Farting Dog. I had to buy a copy just for me. Check em out. Hehe.

Reverend Willis said:
Mutt, are you down south with the rest of us rednecks?
You're not kidding about the dog farts. This girl used to be a lot worse but I've learned to limit her bean intake. She eats pretty much everything I do so I have to watch her. It's really bad news when both of us have been eating mushroom chili. Come on by if you need your nose hairs curled.
Been skatin' lately? Not me. :cool:

Yep, south of the line here. My Dog could be labeled a "biological Hazard"
He's notorious for the ole "hit and run". Nasty creature.:eek:
Actually go every friday with the ole lady and youngins. Its fun, finally can roll around one time without bustin my butt.:p

My hubby calls that ol hit & run a crop dust. One of my pups is famous for it. LOL. Ewwwwww!

my toy poodle sits on my arm while driving. every time she lets 1 rip; tia turns and looks at me like - hey, excuse yerself and sticks her nose out the window. guess who gets the odor? and she eats ALOT of pepperoni and red hot chick wings - without the bones of course - everywhere i stop almost, the girls mostly have a treat fer her. tia is a brindle and 9 lbs with 3.7 legs due to an accident. she holds it up when running but can walk on it. all the drive-in fast food places now have doggy treats in my hometown. good fer business. they get a choice of a hamburger patty, small ice cream cone, a regular doggy treat or small chips 'n gravy. unless yer kimo size like my buddy's alaskan malemute. he gets all 4. sorry to go off topic, got carried away.

Latest posts

Back