Choosing strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegloman

I think I am....therefore, I am......I think
Reaction score
With so many seed suppliers and so many strains to choose from, how do YOU choose what to grow next and where to get it from?
I'm trying to a aquire some strong fruit and citrus flavored strains and of course I want the best I can get.
SO many choices!

Yo G -- A little overwhelmed by the choices ?-- U got to narrow your parameters Cuz -- Indica?- Hybrid?- Sativa ?-- How fast U want it to finish ? -- As for me right now I'm at indica and mostly indica although I got no problem with a fast finishing hybrid !-- Sativas and long finishing hybrids are just not for me yet !
Did I send U any (GDP-X-BPU)--x- (BPU-X-B.B) ?-- That's stacked blueberry !-- I too am looking for fruity- citrus but leaning more and more toward mystery terps !-- It's all Umbra's fault for introducing me to them !-- Golden Ticket -x- BOC is a fine example !

Many breeders have left sites like this one for Instagram. Keef is right you need to define your goals. Then I would look at breeders themselves. Whether they have consistent dank in their stable. Next is how much are you willing to spend.

Yo G --Bohdi seeds- expensive to me but they don't play -- I been studying what they do with that Snow Lotus !-- I be having to have some Snow Lotus seed and not feminized !
I need another generation or 2 on my indica hammers then Katy bar the door ! -- In the mean time I'm anxious to grow out some hybrids I got !--
Don't let it overwhelm U Cuz !-- I think U need to grow out that Snow Desiel x-BBSL and that PH-X-BBSL and cross them -- It will be Purple and most assuredly dank !

I have a new rotation starting now so I think I Will add SN and PH to it.
Ill check out bohdi. They have a great rep.

i grew some bodhi satori a couple of grows ago. very nice plants.

sorry, i am an old buzz-ard. mandala seeds is where satori is from...

I had The Tranquil Elephantizer from Bohdi -- I was VERY satisfied with it but the bugs took it from me !-- I had every intention of getting it back until this Black Berry Snow Lotus male fell into my lap -- He did me right so I wanna go back to the source -- Snow Lotus want to come to Texas !--
It make awesome babies -- I kinda got a plan !-- We talked of hybrids ?-- I wanna put the Snow of us on some sativas eventually -- GG#-- Bruce Banner #3 --maybe some Thai --
1st I got some other stuff I want him to meet !-- Maybe it's just me but I kinda want to grow stuff I bred ?

avoid kratom at all costs chiro. it is highly addictive and causes seizures. my youngest son was addicted to it and had 3 seizures in approx 6 months. he said quitting it was the hardest thing he had ever done and he has said he will never try it again. if you want more info search for kratom seizures.

Stick with Cannabis. Kratom will kill you, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Very Addictive and has all the nice withdrawl effects of a true opiate. While I stand by the legalization of Cannabis for medicinal and recreational purposes. I do not believe some drugs should be made legal. Psilocybin being one of them, Give it time to change and there has been research reaching into psilocybin and depression. Face it, do you want to be on the road as someone trippin'? They haven't even came up with a reliable thc detector yet. I need my Medication, if it relaxes muscles and helps me with pain. Then I feel, its my body, I know what works, No Scheduling, No Classification. Entirely off the list, Just as Tobacco and Alcohol. Its coming and eventually all States will cave due to the Revenue. I mean, its inevitable.

Thanks for the input on kratom!
I saw a program on the Vice channel about it and was about to order some. I don't need to deal with addiction again.

When Im looking for a stain with a heavy flavor I look at breeders who are breeding for concentrates. They seem to have the most profound flavors in my experience.

Being in nova scotia im looking for strains suited to cooler and shorter seasons i guess. I only know a few growers here and most wont say what they grow. I've learned that w widow, cotton candy and sour d are grown but thats all i can find out so far.
Any suggestions are appreciated ;)

Blue -- Being in Texas I don't know all the best breeders and such either -- My suggestion would be to go to a seed site like Seedfinders.com-- Seedfinders got a section on all past cannabis cup winners -- Being up that far north I would stick to the Indicas-- Do some shopping and pick out your varieties-- Come back and see if anyone knows a good place to get seed to your chosen variety-I suggest feminized seed - Or if U can purchase clones it will save U some time and trouble -O.K. there is a place in Canada to get clones but this dude is crazy --His science is good but his numbers all wrong -- Billy Budd clones and seed ---If U talk to Billy see if he sells seed to The Pink Kush -- He blocks me from getting them out of Canada-- Looking at seed selections will give U a head ache -- Way too many choices -- I think seedfinders.com got over 13,000 varieties listed

Last edited by a moderator:
When Im looking for a stain with a heavy flavor I look at breeders who are breeding for concentrates. They seem to have the most profound flavors in my experience.

So how do I find out who is breeding for concentrates?

Being in nova scotia im looking for strains suited to cooler and shorter seasons i guess. I only know a few growers here and most wont say what they grow. I've learned that w widow, cotton candy and sour d are grown but thats all i can find out so far.
Bluegrasser check leafy.ca and look at the indica and hybrid strains they usually will tell you how many weeks they take for flowering.

Indicas are your shortest flowering times. They are the shorter of the two. Sativas take a while to finish, but Chocolope will finish in 9 weeks, I t is a good sativa.

So much depends on what you like to smoke. If you grow indoors weather outside means nothing

Latest posts

Back