Cinderella99, White Widow, and Romulan salad NE1?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountain

Reaction score
Well this really isn't a journal, since i didn't get a camera until 4 weeks into flowering, but here's a few shots.

I've done alot of outdoor growing in the past and this is my 3rd indoor solo mini grow. All three are under 400wt hps in my master bath tub. Hey don't laugh until you see the pics. It's not my first choice of situations but it works for now.

I start from clones with established roots bought from a club in Berkeley. The go into 6" pots as soon as they get home (still in rock wool). I use a mixture of organic compost, vermiculite,perlite, and sand. I veg for about three weeks or until the girls are a little over a foot tall. I transplant them into five gallon buckets with hella holes drilled in the bottom and three inches of sterile river rocks. Oh yeah, I use Fox Farm Grow Big (one tsp/gallon of water) from the fisrt watering until the light goes to 12/12 every watering. Speaking of Fox Farm, if you know anything about Humbolt, CA(where they make Fox Farm), you gotta assume that the stuff is designed for cannabis. Use it just like directed on the bottle to start and adjust to the strain you're growin.

I feed with Fox Farm Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom every watering until about 5-7 days before harvest and flush w/15 gal of straight h2o per plant, at about 5 weeks into flowering.

It seems that every grow "something goes wrong".This time went pretty smooth (so far) except for the sun falling on the Romulan and breaking her almost completely from the root ball at three weeks 12/12. It took a while for her to come back and it's obvious that the yeild will be affected. It doesn't seem that it prolonged maturity though. It's day 50 and I think it will be done in a day or 2.

The others look like they'll go another week after that.

Oh forget about Marsha, Marsha, Marsha... Check out CINDY now!

2gether under 400hps.jpg

c-99-39dysjpg.jpg

cindy99-39dys.jpg

cindy99-39dys2.jpg

Rom 35 days flo neg.jpg

Rom 35 days flo2.jpg

rom39dys1.jpg

romulan39dysflo2.jpg

wtwdw39dys.jpg

WW 35 days flo2.jpg

The pictures above are all at 35and 39 days into 12/12. If you hover your pointer over them they'll have a name.
These pics are at 48Days.

C99big3.jpg

C99full.jpg

C99sidecola.jpg

C99top.jpg

C99zz.jpg

ROM1.jpg

ROMfull.jpg

ROMfull.jpg

ROMzz.jpg

WW1.jpg

Wow where did you come from. lol Those are some great lookin plants. ;)

BTW, congrats parkingjoe. 100th post. :)

Thanks Bro,
Hey who's the trike guru? I've read and experienced that with some strains, the trichomes don't turn amber, just cloudy/opaqe. Is there any info on which strains not to be waiting for amber? Does that make ant sense? This romulan looks way done, but not one amber trike. And I'm outa bud and way anxiuos as always at this stage!

Now those are looking really suhweet!

Thanks for adding the ZigZags, I have a hard time telling how big some buds are.

Things look like they are going very well! You seem like an old hand and have it down.

I used the FF Big Bud (or Bloom can't remember) and it was the one thing I thought was too 'sedimenty' for hydro (even tho supp can use). Now I'm still using organic additives but ones like Bananamana.

Whats up mountain. Welcome to the forum. You got a nice looking grow going and Great strain selection. Cant wait for more pics. Great job man.

Thanks Grunt. I'll take some pics as I harvest. And I'll put up some dry shots too. Here's some shots of whaty's goin in next. The one in the bucket is "The Hog". That's the name of the strain, not a pet name. I'm really exited about her. I love the structure. It's suposed to yeild hella high and pack a punch. She's three weeks into 12/12. It looks like she'll have at least 6 colas!

(The older girls got jealous and wanted thier pics taken too.)
The other two are another cindy and another ww. They're gettin repotted today and starting 12/12 2nite. I want to see if I can get the calyx to leaf ratio up on the widow.

The one about to harvest looks like it is going to be a back breaker to manicure.

The new cindy might be "an outdoor dog". Then again maybe I'll do an outdoor hog.

"where's the confounded trike guru?"

HOG.jpg

hogside.jpg

HOGmain.jpg

HOGtopjpg.jpg

newC99jpg.jpg

newWWjpg.jpg

nextTOPjpg.jpg

C99dy51.jpg

all3.jpg

All i can think of to say is SWEEEEEEEEEEET.
fing10.gif
Great job man, great job.

Ya know Bro... The more I look at your newest babes(WR&WW), the more i think I'm gonna try the LST trip. My mentors always told not to mess with em at all. Convinced me that especially topping discombobulated the metablolism, lengthining maturity and decreasing potency. But the tie down looks right. I'm jumpin up to a vented 1000w+ the 400 I have now and makin more room. I want a sea of colas in portable contaners ya know.

This is cool. I've always wanted to know how felt to be Ed R. and Jorge C.. Stayin home takin pictures of buds all day! Sorry bout all the posts and pics. I'm sure the novelty of it wears off.

I tryin to figure out how to get my camera to take close-ups. I've had a hard time gettin good shots of the trichomes. See if these work.

c99crysjpg.jpg

rom#.jpg

rom.jpg

ROMcrysjpg.jpg

Hey Mountain....sory i haven't popped into your journal sooner ....got some out of province company

first off HOT HOT HOT pics....your doing an awesome job

the trich question....well i was wondering the same thing myself ....so i guess we both must wait till an expert comes along ;)

Love the white widow strain too....have yet to grow some....but have just recieved a nother lights x white widow clone and can't wait to throw her into flower next week

your romulan....i have a buddy who grows her....i will ask him about the finish time and get back to you

How long do you let Cindy go?? The hubby and i let her go 55 days....too long in our opinion...made for a paranoid high....we are taking her down between 45 and 50 this time and see how the high is

Peace and happy growing :)

Thanks alot LdyL, Well the rom is trippin me out. Day 52 of 12/12-
90% of hairs red, swollen calyxes, cloudy trikes, on the majority of plant ,with new calyxes and pistils just BUSTIN OUT up top like ears.(see pic)
and new pistils on some of the lower buds too. I ran across a couple amber tikes today so I thinkI'll wait to see some more.
The cindy is also day 52 and maybe 15% turned pistils, shroom tops crystal clear, and still packin on girth. I was under the impression that the longer they go the less cerebral the high is. Thought I read that the amber color (in most strains) was a result of THC cannnabinoids degrading to CBD and CBN (pain receptor blockers)? Sure would like to know for sure. Have been warned about Cindy ringin the ol' bell a little loudly.
Oh trike guru.. WHERE ART THOU?!

pics lft-rt rom with ears,rom lower bud all red and swollen, cindy top 2.5" in dia.

ROMtop.jpg

romsub.jpg

C99top.jpg

OOps to answer your question.. I think i'll let cindy go at least another week.

Thats some bomb ass nugget there mountain! I better stick around and learn more from you :D. Beatutiful colours I can't believe it lol.

Hello everyone, hope all is well in your gardens.
Well the rom is almost dry. came down on day 52. Gonna need somethin for my back when I harvest the woolly widow. Lookin like an OZ&1/2. More than I thought I'd get after droppin the light on her.
Ciderella and WW are at 56 days and not stoppin swellin. Buds on top of buds! DIG IT!
Couple pics aty 56.

cindy3.jpg

cndy.jpg

widowjpg.jpg

wdw.jpg

driedrom.jpg

They all look fantastic, mtn!! Fat 'n sassy...as for the trichome questions, have you read the "When to harvest" post in the harvesting cureing forum. It may point you in the right direction. In it DJ explains about a "harvest window".

Latest posts

Back