Cleaning Glass Pipes & bongs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet if I just added the salt with the hot water it woulda cleaned my bowl just as good as it is since I cleaned it with the hot water, salt and detergent. Took about 30 mins I believe but as long as it gets clean I don't care lol. Also like I said I didn't use the paper clip I like the good old Q-tip and a shik-ca-bob stick for the inside with a Q-tip atached :)

on a side note, I have no idea how to spell shik-ca-bob lol but hopfully how I did my spelling it explains it lol

Rock salt in alcohol wont dissolve like it wil in water. Sampson:Shiskabob fwiw

This seems rather involved and quite messy.

A common and much easier solution is equal amounts table salt and 91% Isopropyl alcohol. Fill your piece, cover the openings with plastic wrap and shake for 2-3 minutes. Rinse with HOT water. Repeat as necessary. I clean my hardware once a week, and they come 100% clean with this method. I have to credit Marc Emery for giving me this tip!

I have dozens of color changing pieces and I've been using this method on them for well over 5 years.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=134824&d=

PuffMonkey; Personally i wouldnt use it as it irratates the skin. Alcohol evaps off leaving nothing toxic behind...

Shacking your glass piece is too risky 4 me because the detergent within the mixture will temporary cause your glass piece to become a bit slippery. Glass is too fragile to toss it across the room because it can easily slip out of your hand and bust up against the floor or wall. My 2 rules: Don't clean it while your stoned and never shack your glass bong or pipe, (unless you enjoy amusing your friends by turning it into 100 million shattered pieces ). Ha! Ha!

Kim Jong ILL said:
This seems rather involved and quite messy.

A common and much easier solution is equal amounts table salt and 91% Isopropyl alcohol. Fill your piece, cover the openings with plastic wrap and shake for 2-3 minutes. Rinse with HOT water. Repeat as necessary. I clean my hardware once a week, and they come 100% clean with this method. I have to credit Marc Emery for giving me this tip!

I have dozens of color changing pieces and I've been using this method on them for well over 5 years.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=134824&d=

Dude, I’ve broken so many pipes in every way possible, that it isn’t funny! But fortunately, I’ve never broke one while cleaning it. Although cleaning & maintenance it is probably the most common time of when one usually breaks it in half. This is because most people don’t know the proper directions of cleaning one. Therefore, the pipe is damaged from improper methods.

u guys ever notice than pipes with lots of resin dont break when they fall but clean pipes do..I feel like the dirty pipe is stronger lol..

Blondeboy; no disrespect meant. Rather youre spelling (shacking / shaking) and well..... I'm in the glass biz and have been for 14 years. Not saying i'm an expert by any means. Rather, I Can tell you how NOT to do it. As a smoker for 30 plus yrs. yes 30 PLUS years and glass teaching. I can say That maint is the most under look part of owning functional glass. To clean your glass is a health wise and functionality issue as well....Peace ~ Meds

how many years have you been making glass,

oh 14 years, i guess i missed the 500 times you mentioned it.

dman; ??? I'm not here for drama nor wish to start anything. Rather, I do make a point of relating MY experience's as which is why we are all here.
Again, the typing of ones words have no tonal value which always leads to misunderstandings.

Dirty pipes are more durable then clean pipes because the ash residue is sticky and acts like a reinforced compound within. But, who wants 2 smokes out of a filthy pipe with germs and diseases on it? Sharing your pipe is how germs are spread. I can’t go without a month without cleaning mine. With a clean pipe, you can easily taste the quality of the herb, and with a dirty one it simply taste disgusting 2 me.

my pipes are cleaned every two weeks. I just have noticed that whenever I have just cleaned one if I drop or knock it it breaks if it has some resin in it nothing happens...that doesnt mean a pipe is filthy. I have a weakened immune system and dont share my pipe with anyone but my hubby..who would give me the germs either way lmao..

blondeboy said:
******{Dirty pipes are more durable then clean pipes } sorry wrong, it has to do with how it was made to how much stress you have put into it. If the glass was annealed properly and had NO metal objects to scratch the walls with. Its durability hasnt been altered.

because the ash residue is sticky and acts like a reinforced compound within. But, who wants 2 smokes out of a filthy pipe with germs and diseases on it? Sharing your pipe is how germs are spread. I can’t go without a month without cleaning mine. With a clean pipe, you can easily taste the quality of the herb, and with a dirty one it simply taste disgusting 2 me.

Sorry, but i edited youre post as this is another wife's tale...Lets stick to known facts and not some therory (sp?). ~ meds

I was simply agreeing to the previous statement because it sounds relevantly possible. It may be a wise tale, don’t really know because I’ve only broken dirty ones. The last one I broke was really dirty and the ash residue inside didn’t break the fall at all. It was my wake & bake pipe that fell & shattered in the shower Boo! Hoo!

am soaking my glass pipe in almost 16 ounces of Isopropyl Alcohol which is rated at 'not less than 99%'......we will see what happens

Latest posts

Back