Cleaning your glass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serch

Reaction score
I use glass for two primary reasons; one, it doesn’t conduct heat well, and two; it’s easy to clean. I went through the dark ages of boiling my glass like lots of other folks, but learned somewhere along the line that there is a better way.

I’m going to show you that way.:D

First we start with a filthy pipe (glass spoon):

This one is history:eek: :eek: :D
The lanyard is to keep it around my neck so that when I get stoned and leave it on my chest or in my lap….

When I stand up later to look for it, it doesn’t crash to the floor. ‘Course I don’t always wear it.

This dirty enough for you?

Here are the tools you will need to accomplish the task. Alcohol, salt (the coarser the better), Q-Tips, anything to cover the bowl and carburetor (I use these disposable gloves and a rubber band, but a balloon, or a condom would work too).

I put a pipe this size into the thumb of the glove…

Then wrap it around and band/tie it in place

I then put in the salt, about a teaspoon full I reckon

Next we pour in the alcohol. I fill it up about a third full.

Put you thumb or finger over the stem and shake rattle and roll. A vigorous shaking for a minute or two will do 90% of the work.

I don’t normally put the crap that comes out in the end in a glass, but here it is just to show you. Don’t drink it, it won’t get you high

This is pretty much what it will look like after the shake and expectoration

...........the same pipe a few minutes later after I put a couple drops of dish-washing liquid and water in it and shook it again. I also went in through the bowl hole, and the carburetor with Q-Tips soaked in alcohol to try and clean as well as possible the inside around the bowl; it’s the toughest part to reach.

Another view of the clean pipe. You can’t see through the top part because it had been broken and epoxied (use only epoxies that you know won’t burn or melt) before.

Now we’re ready for the final step…

01.jpg

2.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

You all don’t need any more instruction on what to do now do ya? :afroweed: :48:

14.jpg

Latest posts

Back