cleaning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonduck76

Reaction score
Just wanna point out a few things, me and a partner of mine have the same exact setup, use the same nutrients, same strains, SAME EVERYTHING!. After harvests, i scour my rooms, take the main res and clean it out, dust everythings, 409 evrything, etc. cleaning the whole entire room plus rockwool and buckets takes me about 3-4hrs. My boy on the other hand, is a slack *** lazy *** dude. his whole room is super dirty, clipped leaves from past grown all on the ground, sediment all over main res tank,etc. he doesnt clean out the buckets /rockwool. Long story short i yeilded over a 1/2lb more than him. coincidence or not?

congrats but how exactly do you clean rw i just chuck mine after a grow the cubes are usually filled with roots and the rw just falls apart when i mess with it.

It is impossible for 2 people to have the exact same growing conditions. He most likely has the same lax attitude toward all parts of his grow as he does to the cleanliness of his space. In other words, he is most likely lax about mixing nutes in correct proportions, checking temps, checking pH, watering on a good schedule, etc, etc--all the things that contribute to a good yield. It all contributes to less yield. Truthfully though, unless he is so filthy that he has pests and or disease in the room because of it, the untidy conditions probably did not affect his yield as much as neglect of his plants would.

I do have to say that I never scrub down my space like you mention. I keep it clean, but never really do a full out 3-4 hour clean. I do change out the res buckets and clean them well every res change.

Def good to keep things clean. Im just like you Oregon and I have a friend just like you and I always put his grows to shame. Some people have it and some people dont. THG said it perfect. I love to spend time with my plants and put in work but then some people just want to be lazy and all they are concerned with is the harvest. I enjoy the whole grow and dont consider it work.

thanks guys, i guess i forgot to explain my attention to detail with my plants. that actually is my focus of uptake and cleanliness. im an ocd guy, plants room vents, res, buckets everything clean as a mofo! my buddy on the other hand is the same as i am in regards to the plants uptake and cleanliness but the room is a disater!

Latest posts

Back