Clone gel not required in airoponic cloning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trichnut

Reaction score
I just got a botanicare power cloner and in the cloning instructions it says nothing about applying clone gel it just tells me to cut 2"-4" clones and put the stem in water where you cut it again at a 45 degree angnle and scrape the side wall of the stem to help with root growth, then it goes right into the plug.
and then after iv taken my clipping it tells me to fill the resevoir and add clone solution....
im guessing that it will take me about half an hour to take my clippings, clip off big leaves fill the resevior and add the nutes.

im thinking that after this amount of time, air will have traveled back up the stem and kill the clipping.

I was thinking that i would fill the resevior first and turn the sprayers on while i take and place the clipping in the plugs.

please let me know.

90% with a simple *** setup.

no nutes just tap water.

10 gallon fish tank, 4 bricks of that plant foam 3 holes on each. A huge air stone running the bottom of the tank. Fill it half way with water. Cover it if you want, but you don't have to. It's awesome man. Super cheap. No nutes!

so i took 25 clippings last night ill see what happens. any simple ways of keeping the humidity up. there is no condensation on the humidome. can i leave some of the unused plugs unpluged so the spray can keep things a little more humid or is it not that big of a deal with airoponics.
...iv been spraying water at them but only when i put them in and again this morning... I may setup a journal for this setup

From the reading and research I've done spraying your clones while using a bubble or aero cloner isn't needed and may actually slow root growth. From what i've read (and I have just started using a cloner like this myself so my actual use and knowledge is limited) foilar feeding is only needed if you notice drooping in the clones. Don't take that as the be all end all though, I'm still learning to. :D

Latest posts

Back