clone help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozer42

Reaction score
i want to know the best way to move my clones from their veg room (which is run under high output florssents) to the flowering room (which is run under 600w hps). i dont want to burn my plants.

do i just start out with the light higher than normal and slowly move it down or is there a better way of doing this.

Depending on the ventilation, a 600w usually should stay at least about a foot and a half away from the plants. Try hanging the light at a certain height, then put your hand at the top of the plants- if your hand gets hot its too close....adjust it until your hand doesnt get hot. Remember to switch the light schedule down to 12/12 to enduce flowering.

It's a good idea to put the light at about 24" for a 600 watt bulb until you observe how this distance will do.

It's much harder to repair heat stress than it is to prevent it. If the plants are growing nicely and not stretching between nodes, than use that height. If you do move the light closer, watch your plants very, very close. Any sign of drying or curling at the edges and get that light back up some.

Good luck to you man!

Latest posts

Back