clone roots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
How long should a clone take to root? I ask because I just decided to toss the cuts from a kush because I believe it to be bad genetics. Today was 2 weeks and no roots on them.

There are a lot of things that determine how long it takes to root. I personally would not have thrown them away if the plant still looked healthy. I never get roots in 7 days. It generally takes 10-14 days, but sometimes it can take longer--ie clones taken while in flower, cooler temps, etc.

:yeahthat: I have recently had a fit trying to get my Blueberry punch cutting to clone in my diy bubble cloner. I had 8 and ended up with 1 solid taker and 1 that I have been nursing along for a month, and now it is finally starting to take off. It doesn't have to be off by much for them to not root. If the cuttings look like they are still alive, I wouldn't give up on them to start over. If you are in a bubble cloner make sure your water is fresh and clean, bubbled like mad, and kept right around 78-81 degrees. I keep a dome on mine to maintain warmth and humidity if my space is not just right. And It seems like to me that too much light will slow down the rooting. :)

If they are still green do not give up hope. Some strains are easy to clone and some are a real pain.

I mixed my own solution using KLN + NAA + some nutrition. One day I looked and it had this stuff growing above the waterline so I pulled it, then cut it above the calous, then it died! It turned out to be "calous" material which is harmless as it turned out. It was about 10 days after I started to root it. It was also warmer in here then!

I find it to be a bit strain dependent as well....some strains like my Larry OG just don't want to throw roots very easily. I thought it might just be me but most of the people who hve run my cut hve also had a very hard time getting clones to root. Other strains all I hve to do is look at them and they seem to throw roots all over the place. :). I use a DIY bubble cloner and change the water regularly, hve two good sized airstones and add a lil hydrogen peroxide to the water twice a week. If they stay green and don't flop over I let them go till they throw. I hve waited 3+ weeks for a Larry OG cut to throw roots. Jmo

7-14 days, but they can take as long as 21-28. As long as they are green, leave them alone. Temp matters, big time, along with PH.

Latest posts

Back