Cloneing Help Pleaseee....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTIDHILLY

!PUKKAPENG!
Reaction score
im going to be doing cloneing for the first time sunday gonna need help :) ive got rock wool, jiffys, few sharp blades and a 125 cfl, humidity dome clonex and root it, wat else will i be needing?? .. cheers

the only thing missing from your list is a "giant sexy female plant".

correct :) wat about a bubbler or wateva?? and how do i do it lol need a step by step ov everthing lol

how about a propagation mat(heat mat)....be sure to have atleast 3 nodes( maybe 4-6 inches long)...clip the ends of the leafs off.. I also like to mist the donor/mother a few times a day for a coupke days prior to takeing the clippings..when I started doing that seemed my clones were more healthy and less yellowing...Im takeing some clippings today myself..PM me is ya have any trouble..Ill help best I can..untill then take care and be safe..:bolt::bong:

HTIDHILLY said:
correct :) wat about a bubbler or wateva?? and how do i do it lol need a step by step ov everthing lol

theres a thread here done by massproducer....I made one and worked well..but the transfer from bubbler to the soil was tough for me..

Mine rooted and were transplanted yesterday, look good....except for this one little girl, don't think she will make it :(
View attachment clones 003.JPG

Rest look good though. Yea I know they shouldn't be in plastic two-liter bottles but I am cheap and they won't be in the clear plastic long enough for the roots to be hurt.
View attachment clones 001.JPG

Are you going to be growing in soil or hydroponic?

i will defo need help :) ill go read that thred now cos like i say im brand new at clones im a seed kindah mann :) is it a bubbler i need? or a rooter? lol :s

no worries mate...try all methods and find what works best 4u...Have patients(sp)...and why not just work with what ya have all ready...your on a good start..but read read read...Ill help where I can

SensiStarFan said:
Mine rooted and were transplanted yesterday, look good....except for this one little girl, don't think she will make it :(
View attachment 159700

Rest look good though. Yea I know they shouldn't be in plastic two-liter bottles but I am cheap and they won't be in the clear plastic long enough for the roots to be hurt.
View attachment 159701

Are you going to be growing in soil or hydroponic?

nothing wrong with 2 ltr bottles ....I used them lots of times...like ya said they dont stay in ther long...clones look banging my friend....Do you use the Bubble cloner?

Many know I am a cloning freak, I cut and root and then cry about what I'm going to do with them, LOL.

I do it simple with Rapid Rooters and Clonex. Soak the Rapid Rooters, put in trays. Take the cut, scar the bottom 2 inches of the stem, using a SHARP blade to gently remove just the outer layer of skin, recut the bottom to a 45 degree angle, dip immediately into Clonex, then place into Rapid Rooter, placing it about 2/3rds of the way in, do not shove it to the bottom.

Place in tray. Everday soak for a couple of minutes in ph'd or RO water, should see roots peaking out in 4-9 days, longer the higher ratio of Sativa.

Transplant get to growing! Don't worry, you won't mess up, this is a very natural process for this plant and she is very prone to root this way. I would suggest though that since you're new, take 3 cuttings for every 1 plant you want to end up with. If they should all happen to root, pick the strongest, destroy or gift the rest to friends.

Good luck

is it as simple as takeing my clone 45degree angle few nodes on it healthy one peeling skin cack slightly around the bottom diping in my clonex then in to rockwool then in to my humidity dome over a heat mat under a 125 cfl? if im right thats quite simple :p and also if thats correct do i wet the rock wool with neuts first? if so which when and how????? lol

sorry your message poped up wfter i posted lol... wats a rapid rooter? moneys on low side at min :s that reply a big help though cheers

I clone kind of differently from most people so I will give you a quick explanation of how I do it. I have other clones still rooting so a few pics will be easy. Plus it's a slow Saturday and I'm bored.

I used to clone with just rockwool cubes under a humidity dome but I had to either water the rockwool every other day or keep the humidity vents on the dome closed which would lead to rotting of the clones. Either way I couldn't keep the conditions consistent enough for good cloning. Basically I sucked at it. I could take 30 clones and hopefully have 6 or 7 survive.

A while back I switched from DWC to soil because it is a lot easier for me to work with (I move my plants inside and outside on nice days), and it made the way I clone a lot easier.

In a bucket I will mix:
1 gallon of water
1 ml GH floragrow
1 ml GH floramicro (goes in water first)
1 ml GH florabloom
2-4 drops of 35% hydrogen peroxide.
(I do not adjust the ph at all)

Then I soak my rockwool cubes in the mix. I have tried a few different brands and from what I have found rockwool is rockwool. There is not much difference so I use the cheap 1" sheets of 50 (EDIT: actually they are sheets of 100, sorry). I take a plastic container and put about 1 inch of dirt in the bottom of it. I do not put holes in the container.

View attachment cloning 001.JPG

I will take my cuttings and put them in the bucket with the rockwool cubes. Then I will cut the tip again underwater to help prevent air bubbles. I will also cut the tips of the leaves off like 4U2Smoke does (shown in his first pic above) in order to fit the clones closer together in the the container. I will pull a rockwool cube and a clone out of the mix, squeeze the excess moisture out of the rockwool, roll the clone tip in rooting hormone, insert the clone in the rockwool, and then set it on the dirt. Once I have taken all the clones I am going to take I fill the container with more dirt until all of the rockwool cubes are covered with dirt. (Without light hitting the cubes nothing nasty is going to grow on them). If I am taking clones from different plants I will sometimes use a small tuperware container for each plant's clones and then put the containers in a large tub with the lid shut.
-The clones below are on day #13, almost there.
View attachment cloning 002.JPG

I have found this keeps my cloning conditions stable. Once all of the clones and dirt are in a container, I will pour some of the same mix I used to soak the cubes over the dirt, just enough to wet the soil. Then it can sit for a week or more without being touched. I will check the dirt at a week to see if it needs more water (if it does I use plain water), but usually this setup can sit for two weeks without me touching it and produce rooted clones with no more messing with it. So after 14-17 days I can take my hand and scoop the clones out of the container, give them a little shake to seperate the roots, and then transplant them. My last batch of 25 had 3 not make it. It's hard to end up with more clones than you need. It is hard to kill off the extras, it is like killing your kids!

I can't post the other two pics I have of the rooted clones beause I have already used them, but they are in your other thread.
http://marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54482&page=2

I know this is probably a weird sounding process to most, but hey it works for me. Good luck with your clones!

:goodposting:

+rep for you!

I liked the dirt idea, gave me food for thought. Not having to keep such a close eye on the RW sounds good.

Wet

Wetdog said:
:goodposting:

+rep for you!

I liked the dirt idea, gave me food for thought. Not having to keep such a close eye on the RW sounds good.

Wet

Thanks Wet. Another advantage of this is I get anxious waiting for my clones to root. Instead of picking each one up every day after day 12 to see what I have I just pick up the whole clear plastic container and look for roots growing along the bottom ;)

Rapid Rooters are a brand name, run about $15 bucks for 50 at the grow shop. Follow everyone's else's advice when it comes to the rockwool cubes, they're steering you right.

Latest posts

Back