cloneing problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vow

Reaction score
hello everyone, i have 5 durban poison ladies going there at 3 wk flowering. There looking nice , i used fox farm grow big druing veg. but nothing yet for flowering. i topped them all off and there about a foot n a half tall.. The clones that i took from them are all smaller.. and i used root hormone powder. there in my window cill to get light.. as my leds are used for the flowering . they seem to be ... or ARE... all drooping down... like there dieing.. any tips on how i can bring these clones back to life....?????? Ill post some pics tmrw... its late now ... 1 am.. please help.. there in plastic flear cups with dirt... and dont seem to be growing.. they ben in the cups for about a week almost two...?? in soil... with root hormone..

The clones need to be under a clear dome to maintain a very high humidity environment. Are they?

There are a lot of things that can go wrong when cloning. First, your cutting instrument should be sterile--scissors or razor or whatever you use to cut the clone. The stem should be cut underwater to prevent an air embolism from forming. Clones do not need a lot of light and the window sill may be too warm and too much light. Cuts that are taken from flowering plants will take substantially longer to root. As Hackerman mentioned, you should use a humidity dome over the plants for the first week or so. In an arid climate, you may also have to mist them lightly. Unfortunately, if they're dying, there is probably no way to "bring them back to life".

My method via others is: select clone, cut and place into water till ready. Mine are four nodes, pull off all leaves except those at the top (two to three will do). Snip off all leaf tips, cut stem on 45 degree angle, then scrape away the outermost surface of the stem at the bottom for about 3/4”. I’ve been having good luck with root riot cubes, which I have soaking in water while I’ve been doing the above. I dip the prepared clones into the rooting gel, pull the root riot cubes out of the water, giving them a squeeze to get rid of some of the water. Poke the clone into the cube about 3/4-1 inch, place into the rooting base, cover and mist daily. Works pretty much every time. Good luck.

PS, I’ve had my troubles getting a clone to live in the past, so don’t give up. In about a week or so you’ll have root tips penetrating the root cubes, pop them in the soil then and your good to go.

Please check...my sick Durban poison ..thread....i need help....sometbing happened.....ASAP THANKS

Vow -- I - run Aero under leds !-- Looks like your cut dried out on the bottom-- Maybe recut it and try again !--
I clone in one my aero boxes or a bubble cloner !
20180709_175359.jpg

Latest posts

Back