cloneing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vow

Reaction score
hello im tying to clone some durban poison ladies and i put them in root hormone and plastic cups filled with soil... they clippings i took were small.. but seemed ok.. any tips on bringing htem back to life.. they seem to be all drooping down... like there dieing.. please help me bring them back to life if possible... they are in my window cill for light... as my leds are being used for the lfowering of the bigger ones ... please ehlp...

Clones like to have moisture to root. In my dry climate, i put a cover on the clones while they are rooting, like another cup. I keep mine covered for the first week at least then uncover for a short time each day. You might want to wait until your plant is bigger and take more clones. You can also mist the cuttings until they have roots. They don't need much light to root. I have also been using honey for the rooting hormones. Keep trying it is tricky but keep trying and you will get it.

I would definitely get a cloner/seedling tray and dome. You can get them online. When I take cuttings, I prep my medium and set my cuttings with some rooting gel. I then set them (cuttings in solo cups with drain holes in base) in the cloner and immediately spray them until they are dripping. I spray the inside of my dome and then set it in place. The spray I use is a solution of Root66, which is a rooting tonic, and cal/mag. I also soak my medium with this same solution (pH6.5) before setting cuttings. I use an atomizer spray bottle found in the lady's makeup dept. This seems to work best for my cloning. My dome is just big enough for 4 cuttings in solo cups. I also place a screen over the dome to cut the light levels down. For the first week, I mist them twice a day to keep them dripping wet. I don't water the medium anymore after initial soak. The medium should me moist but not soaked or developing roots will drown. I lift the cover off to give fresh air before misting them again. As soon as I see new growth on the cuttings (for me usually 9-14 days), I begin to cut back on the moisture level within the dome by spraying less. Once the growth is established, I begin leaving the dome off for a couple hours a day for a few days, then keep it off entirely. I cut back the spraying as I keep the lid open more. This helps them transition to a less humid environment and depend more on the roots for moisture. :)

Hey guys I know I don't get out the OFC enough !-- I run Aero under LEDs - here's a pic of my old aero cloner and a clone of one my girls from a Mazar-i-Shariff mom and a Black Berry Snow Lotus dad !-- I don't know so much about dirt farming but I can clone my as* off !-- Get a jar of tap water cut a piece of Styrofoam-- I've used the cup part of an egg carton !-- poke a hole in the foam and slide the stem end of the cut thru the foam !--float it in the water-- Use an aquarium pump and bubbler stone in the water -- They don't need sun to root !-- 7-9 days U have roots !-- No hormones only water !-- Got 2 pics of one-- It's the weed !
20180606_220305.jpg
20180606_220417.jpg
20180606_220305.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. I love the aerocloners. They are the bomb when you are doing a lot of cloning. The individual bubble-cloner is an awesome idea. I may try that sometime just for the heck of it. :)

Hey guys I know I don't get out the OFC enough !-- I run Aero under LEDs - here's a pic of my old aero cloner and a clone of one my girls from a Mazar-i-Shariff mom and a Black Berry Snow Lotus dad !-- I don't know so much about dirt farming but I can clone my as* off !-- Get a jar of tap water cut a piece of Styrofoam-- I've used the cup part of an egg carton !-- poke a hole in the foam and slide the stem end of the cut thru the foam !--float it in the water-- Use an aquarium pump and bubbler stone in the water -- They don't need sun to root !-- 7-9 days U have roots !-- No hormones only water !-- Got 2 pics of one-- It's the weed !View attachment 249150 View attachment 249151 View attachment 249150

thanks keef ! hiya pup!!

i have found honey to work well myself. i am making some clones today myself.

Latest posts

Back