Clones advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for off thread, just saw it and reacted...
Back to regular programming.
Bubba
Got excited did we LOL
I saw Pigs Fly Today
giphy.gif

I use oasis cubes straight from my local florist. they are about 5x3x9" I cut it into 1x1x1.5" and put them in seedling trays the ones that resemble egg trays. insulated floor, dome and a bunch of cfl's that i turn on as needed to keep the temps right. I actually had a couple of 100w incandescents to help with the heating when it was very cold. I placed a sort of bucket under them to prevent their light from hitting the clones directly as I felt that it was harming them and I just wanted the heat. I do not use a heat mat. I used to have an automated flood and drain but I felt like handwatering them fresh tap water every time helps oxygenate and clean the rootzone so that's what I ended up doing. My dome stays on until the last one roots. They root in 10-15 days. I rarely ever lose a clone with this method and I don't use any gels or hormones.
The light bulb idea may work as I need to increase the temp in my dome a couple degrees. It’s been steady at 71 degrees which may be ok but I think I need to provide a little more heat to the roots without exposing that hot bulb to the plants. Thanx for replying

Glad to have you aboard stick around
View attachment 282606
Any Buds from older grows to enter bud of the month contest?
OMG I love this picture. No big buds yet I just turned my first grow into flower. I am really learning as I grow. I’ll take any advice I can get. I have nothing to compare mine to. Maybe one day I can join the big bud club 😁 thanks for posting the picture. I love it
7F0FC276-2196-4C13-AAC1-BB003A043D9C.jpeg

Last edited:
Root riot plugs I use to use them back in the day and I'm sure there around 100 or so in my wine cooler, but I only use 4in rockwool make four nice big tall pieces so your cutting dont have to be so short I never loose cuttings either never.

Root riot plugs I use to use them back in the day and I'm sure there around 100 or so in my wine cooler, but I only use 4in rockwool make four nice big tall pieces so your cutting dont have to be so short I never loose cuttings either never.
Do you plant the wool in the transplant process Right in your medium? They look sturdy. I had trouble getting big clones as my plants are fairly short and bushy. Not many more than 6” long before cloning. Will the rockwool support a smaller clone?

Yes I use the rockwool during transplant. Then transfer to a 1 liter airport, until there ready for the next pot depending, as far as cutting mine are always long, but as time goes on you will see what works for you best here are some banana cutting took 1 week ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20211120_150154761.jpg
    IMG_20211120_150154761.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 15
Cloning is really a simple process. Not much equipment is needed and really very little maintenance. I use a clone dome, heat mat, t5 lights and rooting gel. Right now I use clonex

Clean Everything completely before you start, think surgery. Sharp scissors and a razor blade are also needed.

When you take cuts have a bowl with room temperature water ready. Cut them from the middle or top part of the plant. Try not to get one that has a woody stem yet. Now use your razor blade to cut the new clone at an angle. Then dip them in rooting gel for 5 seconds only. Any longer will burn them and they will die. Place them into your rapid rooter or rockwool cube put them in the cloned dome.

In about 10 to 15 days sometimes as long as 20 days you should see roots.
Yay! I have roots! I was so excited to see a couple of my clones showing roots last night despite their yellowing fan leaves that I trimmed. I’m hoping to see at least a couple more of them getting their root structure. They are very small. I ordered a plant light to support them thru the veg stage hopefully until my tent can support them after the flower cycle they are in now. Or put them outside or maybe both if enough of them make it. Thanks for your encouragement to leave them alone and let them do their thing. 😁

Latest posts

Back