clones and potency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contrere back at ya. 😁
BOO,,,,Those are not taproots. The roots you are seeing are called adventitious roots.
A Taproot is just that. A Taproot meaning a single root coming from the plant.
It's the first root you see from your seed when you germinate a seed. That tail sticking out of the seeds shell is the Taproot. Then roots will grow out of the taproot and start spreading out as the taproot goes deeper in the soil.
Clones have roots growing from the stem out in several places.

Many users are cautioned about the rich web of adventitious roots that their clones form after the successful cloning procedure. This is the major difference between growing weed from seeds and clones. In the former case, the seed will form a tap root, which is a single, primary root of the plant.
Clones don’t have a tap root as their rooting system forms with an already grown stem. So, don’t be surprised to see the fibrous root system; it’s a norm for a healthy cloned plant.

These are Taproots.

1677592794430.png

Last edited:
you call 'em adventitious roots, I call 'em fat asss roots...this putang plant has 4-1/4" or bigger roots blowing out the bottom the the root mass...this is from one of the legend beans you gifted me many moons ago...thanks brother...
IMG_1764.JPG
IMG_1765.JPG

you call 'em adventitious roots, I call 'em fat asss roots...this putang plant has 4-1/4" or bigger roots blowing out the bottom the the root mass...this is from one of the legend beans you gifted me many moons ago...thanks brother...View attachment 321181View attachment 321182
Whoa! Those are awful big roots. Holy Moly!

Bubba

you call 'em adventitious roots, I call 'em fat asss roots...this putang plant has 4-1/4" or bigger roots blowing out the bottom the the root mass...this is from one of the legend beans you gifted me many moons ago...thanks brother...View attachment 321181View attachment 321182
You could make a wig out of that root mass. Very impressive(especially since I am hair-challenged)…

I'm ashamed to say that the plant has been in that bucket for months...I'm just playing around to see what DWC is all about, this is my second plant...considering the price of pro mix I may switch my gear for buckets...dunno how I will support what's not in the picture...she's been topped and trimmed a dozen times...mebbe make a halo with pvc above the plant and use twine to support the branches...

I am craving spaghetti all of a sudden, for some reason.

yes subbie, it's an old water farm kit that's been laying around for ages...after GMO helped me kill the cloning method I figured why not...as mentioned, I may go all in on the water growing...pro mix is getting quite costly and DWC seems cheap and easy...I toss a bottled water that is frozen each morning, the room stays at high 70's...I could easily see a half dozen buckets in the near future...

I have read a few times that if you clone from a single mother you will get the same genetics potency.....but if you clone from a clone and clone from that clone and so on that you lose potency and yield. How does that all work?

Thanks,.
i think it's bullshit. but i've never gone too far. just had a clone of a clone. that's it

Ive done clone from clone from clone from clone from clone and so on and so forth and the mother fker was exactly the same. Now I've never done it for yrs because I get bored with the same strain after awhile.
Of course there is always this. Didnt work out well on humans. 😂 😂 😂 😂

1677764206227.png

I decided to clone because I don't want to deal with the tap root wanting to grow endlessly deep which there is no room in the pot. I'm using air pot for the end of this next grow.

Latest posts

Back