Clones are really easy it turns out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechaniMan

Reaction score
I just wanted to throw this out there in case anybody could learn from it. I see so many posts around the internet and so much advice on how to clone and I just wanted to give you an idea of how I did it.
This was super easy to do and all 15 of them took. All I did was cut off my stems with a razor blade before switching to flower and put them directly in a cup of water. They sat in water for a couple minutes while I got my dirt containers ready. After that I pulled them out of the water individually and cut them to the correct length, dip them back in the water for about 15 seconds and then coated the roots in root powder. I then stuck them directly in the dirt about three quarters of the way to the bottom. I only left a few leaves on the stem, maybe 4 or 5, and I cut all these in half to slow down photosynthesis. After that I completely saturated the growing medium, and when I say saturated I mean SATURATED. After that I close the door of the box with the light on a timer 18-6 and left them alone. Within a couple weeks you could tell that all of them had begin to grow again.
So hopefully this will help some people and make you realize that cloning isn't as hard as it sounds.
20221005_124233.jpg

I just wanted to throw this out there in case anybody could learn from it. I see so many posts around the internet and so much advice on how to clone and I just wanted to give you an idea of how I did it.
This was super easy to do and all 15 of them took. All I did was cut off my stems with a razor blade before switching to flower and put them directly in a cup of water. They sat in water for a couple minutes while I got my dirt containers ready. After that I pulled them out of the water individually and cut them to the correct length, dip them back in the water for about 15 seconds and then coated the roots in root powder. I then stuck them directly in the dirt about three quarters of the way to the bottom. I only left a few leaves on the stem, maybe 4 or 5, and I cut all these in half to slow down photosynthesis. After that I completely saturated the growing medium, and when I say saturated I mean SATURATED. After that I close the door of the box with the light on a timer 18-6 and left them alone. Within a couple weeks you could tell that all of them had begin to grow again.
So hopefully this will help some people and make you realize that cloning isn't as hard as it sounds.View attachment 310285
I found dirt to work better than rockwool or plugs as well. Do had crappy results when I obsessed about every little thing. I even got one clone to root without using any rooting hormone.

Just bought a klone king and rooting jell. In the day, I just took a cup of wet vermiculite, cut shoot at angle, stuck it in vermiculite and out of direct lights. About 50/50.

Bubba

GMO walked me thru his cloning process and I felt like the village idiot for doing it wrong for all these years...I'm at 99% success now that I've learned ambient lighting is less efficient than a good strong indirect light...cutting an inch below the node and scarifying the entire lower length of the cut to the 45 degree cut...

GMO walked me thru his cloning process and I felt like the village idiot for doing it wrong for all these years...I'm at 99% success now that I've learned ambient lighting is less efficient than a good strong indirect light...cutting an inch below the node and scarifying the entire lower length of the cut to the 45 degree cut...
He is a good source for information. I am building a duplicate of his aeroponic set up in a 27 gallon tote. Pump, pump bag and sprayers arrived. Already have tote. Need to go pick up the pvc and should be good to go.

Got klone king on his recommendation, about to get that up and running as well.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back