Clones buggin me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teckS

Reaction score
I have had 8 clones attempting to root off of that female in my other posts.. as you can see the female is doin great but her clones are biting the dust slowly... they are not rooting worth $#@!. REally starting to worry me.. i took the clones properly and prepared them properly and used rooting hormon and made sure they are damp but not soaked, and they are under 2x20watt grolux, they are not getting too hot or too cold, the leaves are starting to yellow, which i have been told is normal, but none are rooting, i know i shouldn;t hae but i gave one a tug today and it slipped right out,,, the stem looks identicle to the way it looked when i first put them in the dirt... apart from a little hormone and some dirt... they are still looking healthy and non are drooping... the only think i KNOW i have done wrong is that i have not been using a humidity dome, could this be my entire problem? also.. i spray the leaves with a very diluted ... about 1/10 strenght "Schultz 10-10-10 plant food" and theya re lovin it.. what else am i doing wrong? im starting to worry because they are gonna be needed in about 3 weeks.. and its already been 3 weeks and i have ZERO rooted.. any help is MUCH appreciated. ohh and btw they are under 24/7 light.. is that bad?

Humidity goes a long way for clones but with some misting I don't think humidity is the problem. Was the donor in flower when you took the clones? The 24/7 is good, I'm not sure about the feeding though, I don't feed clones anything but I also can't say that is what's causing the lack of roots.

the donor was about 6-8 days into flowering when the clones were taken, i know this was late but under the circumstances it was my only choice...

my guesse is that you are feeding them, and with a high nitrogen fert. They should be striving to search for nutes, via producing roots. You maybe babying them to death.

so am i too stupid and too late? or can i just quit the feeding and them dig for nutrients?

not stupid at all..:(. It's a learning process that we all go through. Another note. You say the hormone was still on the cutting?..You may not have packed it in tight enough. The dirt (medium) contacting the stem stimulates roots to form.
After 3 weeks??..the possiblity is still there. I've had them take longer.

I think HIck has a very good point, if they are getting what they need they don't have to be in a hurry to throw roots.
I would keep trying with no nutes, I use a gel type hormone (olivia's) and it does great, I never really liked the powders.

ok im gonna keep my hopes high for now, im gonna stop the nutes completely and get some better hormone for next time, i really donr like this powder stuff, i found a good gel at RONA so im gonna get that, thanks for the help. :D

tecks..I really 'doubt' that the hormone you chose is the problem. I have tried several diffeent ones, from the cheapest to some I felt were pretty pricey, with absolutely no substantial difference in survival rate nor speed of rooting. Have even rooted quite a few without any hormone at all.
Just don't let an unsuccesfull attempt discourage you. Once you find what works for you, it will become simple.

Latest posts

Back