Clones dying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phmaster

Reaction score
at abit of a loss! I’ve tried just about everything to save these girls and they just don’t seem to work with me!. They are under just a cfl light and I’m leaning towards the media I’m using (coco). I think my ppm is abit too high but the roots are crazy big and thick so I’m at a loss? Maybe a good flush with tap water?

Attachments

• B6125278-497C-4A01-A039-E6EAEEB05958.jpeg
    B6125278-497C-4A01-A039-E6EAEEB05958.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 62
What all have you tried at this point? The lower leaves make me think you need nitrogen. But theres also some clawing happening up top. I dont know much about coco or cloning, really. I do know coco requires a lot more watering than normal. Could it be that you arent watering quite enough, or that you are watering too much?

I wanna help, but I lack the knowlege to give any answers that I truly feel confident about.

First of all, unless you know the ph and tds and all that using tap water to flush is a bad idea.
It looks like overwatering to me, once your roots are established you should back off the watering to once every couple days or when the soil about 3 inches deep is dry.
Do you have testing supplies for soil? I'm a big believer in testing as often as practical as things can go wrong fast !
I've attached a file from this forum that may help you determine the issues, it's helped me a lot in the last 15 or so years.
A
Maybe it's time to replant into bigger pots (preferably fabric grow bags) with good soil, more so you can check the roots than for any other reason, if she doesn't have healthy roots you won't get much from her, there's fungus gnats, molds, mildews, all sorts of happy crap that can and will happen, especially if it's really wet like this year has been so far.
Good luck!
Trim those yellow leaves off, they're doing no good for anyone.

Attachments

• leavedeficiencies.jpg
    leavedeficiencies.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 30
Did you rinse the coco well before you used it? It is generally high in salts and needs to be rinsed before it is used.

What all have you tried at this point? The lower leaves make me think you need nitrogen. But theres also some clawing happening up top. I dont know much about coco or cloning, really. I do know coco requires a lot more watering than normal. Could it be that you arent watering quite enough, or that you are watering too much?

I wanna help, but I lack the knowlege to give any answers that I truly feel confident about.
That was exactly the right answer. Hes watering but not enough to wet the pot.

Latest posts

Back