clones from bubble cloner to coco ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeg

Reaction score
hi all

I've just done some clones in my bubble cloner . ( same one in the diy section )
i want to move them into coco now that they have some roots , the roots are about 2" long on most of them .
I've never done this be for ..... do i just pot them up gently, taking care not to break the roots ....? should i use a rock wool cube cut in half and sandwich the clone in between?
how do you guys do it ?

also ..... i made a lid for my bubble cloner , should i remove it now that they all have roots ?
thanks
smeg

Ya need to stabalize the plant in the coco somehow,that's for sure.

I clone in an aeroponic cloner which is similar to the bubble cloner. I leave mine in the cloner until they have a significant amount of roots, and I use a dome until I start getting roots (about 7-10 days), then take it off but continue to foliar feed until they have a lot of roots and I am ready to transplant.

You can go straight into coco with them without any problems. If the roots are few and young I would wait another 4-7days to let them get a bit stronger before setting them. I am still quite gentle with them when I set them. I fill my containers then hollow out a place for them and kind of wrap the roots (which are usually 8-12" long) in a circle in the bottom of the hole.

Then gradually fill in with coco until I get to the bottom of the plant where I stop. I then gently pack the soil some to firm it up for holding the plant in place. After about two weeks they are sturdy enough to LST without disturbing the soil(coco). :)

wow thanx for that info Hushpuppy. ill follow your advice ... think ill leave them a few days after reading it .... my roots are only about 4-6 long atm
;)

IMO...You can go right into the coco when the roots get an inch long..I used this bubble cloner from massproduccer...had the damdest time transfering to a medium other then Hydro...Im an organic grower and found transfering from bubble cloner to straight coco..theninto soil...I had greater success..I like the idea of sandwhiching rockwool cube:aok: Hope this helps

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Let me make one correction on what I said earlier. You may already know and understand this, but I actually bury the stem of the plant up to the leaves of the first node (rather than just to the bottom of the stem as said earlier). That way there is 1-2" of stem below the surface.

Yeah, I would wait a few days longer until the roots look sturdy enough to be handled without breakage, then you shouldn't even see any transplant shock.

Latest posts

Back