Clones from same strains drinking differently

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
I have 6 clones fighting for a spot in the tent. They are from two different strains but some are very thirsty and some are not drinking so much. The heavy drinkers 3ea will make the cut as there is better growth, healthy vegetation, and more bud site chances. The clones have taken a lot longer to get to this point than my seeded plants last grow. I’m thinking there was some problem with the roots in the three non drinkers as I took all of them from their mother late in veg right before putting them into flower. My tent is only 2x4 and I was going to grow 4 plants but now I’m thinking just scrap the 3 non drinkers and fill the tent up as much as I can with the theee heavy drinkers. They are ready for transplant now In 1 gallon pots for a few weeks. Planning to put them in 5 gallon cloth pots that came free with my tent to give them a try. Trying to decide if it’s worth the tent space with the extra plant. I grew 5 plants in my last grow. I planned to downsize to 4 this time but a I’m thinking that three would give me the same yield with proper topping fimming and LST…

I would tend to agree , 2x4 is not much space for more than 3 plants in my experience

I would tend to agree , 2x4 is not much space for more than 3 plants in my experience
Maybe this is just what I needed to downsize. I have a real problem with letting perfectly good plants go but I have no room to grow them. That’s how my tent got overcrowded last grow. I still got a good yield on the five plants but I can now compare that to three which seems more appropriate to me for a 2x4 tent…thanks for your opinion😎

I read this and others. Most talked about it’s not how many but how you planned to train them (bud sites). I scrogged with good luck on my seed grow and will try this again once I get them in their new pots. I’m not real hip on the clone thing as the growth is crazy compared to the seeds and don’t think I will do it again unless I want to share them But who knows…

I have 6 clones fighting for a spot in the tent. They are from two different strains but some are very thirsty and some are not drinking so much. The heavy drinkers 3ea will make the cut as there is better growth, healthy vegetation, and more bud site chances. The clones have taken a lot longer to get to this point than my seeded plants last grow. I’m thinking there was some problem with the roots in the three non drinkers as I took all of them from their mother late in veg right before putting them into flower. My tent is only 2x4 and I was going to grow 4 plants but now I’m thinking just scrap the 3 non drinkers and fill the tent up as much as I can with the theee heavy drinkers. They are ready for transplant now In 1 gallon pots for a few weeks. Planning to put them in 5 gallon cloth pots that came free with my tent to give them a try. Trying to decide if it’s worth the tent space with the extra plant. I grew 5 plants in my last grow. I planned to downsize to 4 this time but a I’m thinking that three would give me the same yield with proper topping fimming and LST…
I tried for maximum yield last time in 2x4, tried 5 Dos SI dos. 5 gallon pots. Being indica dominant, they were short and I had quite a time trimming them to fit.

At the end of the day, don't think that it was worth the effort. Maybe an extra oz. I got 15 oz total, usually 12 ish or so. It made for a lot of extra work keeping them trimmed and height adjusted. Plus extra nutes.

3 or 4 is probably a better way.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back