clones in need of help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks a little like nute burn. How much are you feeding them?

And, how old are they?

They are about 2.5 weeks old, and I've just gave them water so far

Fox farm happy frog is too hot..they need to focus on root making not leaves. I use a seed starter mix with out any nutes. Also it can take 3 weeks for plants to get roots, and they usually look almost dead and then they come out of it.

Fox farm happy frog is too hot..

I hope that's not true. I just put clones in Happy Frog, today. I also put some in Fox Farms Light Warrior Seed Starter and another group in 1/2 and 1/2.

I guess I'll find out pretty soon. LOL Wish this had been posted a few hours ago. LOL

The light Warrior is awesome stuff. half and half will be fine. His will probably pull thru with the HF, it is less nuted then the ocean forest. But i would flush a couple of times the ones in straight HF.

Thx RB ... I will flush the clones out tonight and see how that goes. ... but I never thought it was from the hf??

Once you fflush them to remove some of the nutes, they should come back. it will take them a while to recover from the burn as it has most likely burned the roots as well and they will have to repair as well before the plants pick back up again.

Soil with too many nutrients in it can certainly cause problems like this. The leaves that have been damaged will not recover, but new growth should look nice and green without any burned tips and edges.

For years I have been advising grower who use FFOF to mix in 30-50% perlite as above its a very hot mix, and very lucky you who got so far
Perlite avoids root compaction and dilutes these hot effects so that you may add your own nute later if you wish?
add the perlite in the next potup! ...soon

Latest posts

Back