Clones. Or maybe science experiments?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took cuts a few days ago....difference between a professional and me the hobby guy. But I do everything from start to finish. Right now those cuts are all I have going, They are all healthy and should show roots in a few.

IMG_20230522_163659478.jpg

Wow, you stuff them all in there. Plus, you don't cut back your fan leaves?
72 per tray. I do snip the tips of the fans, and keep at least 2 nodes.

Stuffing the trays full is what works best for me. It helps keep humidity levels in check and moisture even in the cubes.

Sometimes I miss trimming a fan leaf, or a blade on a fan leaf. No worries. Most will root in 7-10 days, a couple strains take a bit longer.

Beautiful plant.
Looks like something FTD florists would deliver(if you are lucky enough to have a florist that delivers cannabis-maybe a side project for Lesso’s seed company)…

Last edited:
And this one says cut the tips. Go figure. 😁Again,,both ways will work.

How to take a cutting:

• Look for branches that are sturdy and healthy. You want at least two nodes on the final cutting, so pick a branch that is healthy and long enough. A sturdy clone will lead to a sturdy plant.
  • Cut the clone off the mother, cutting above the node on the mother plant. It’s OK to use scissors here; it may be hard to get a razor in the middle of the mother plant.
  • Then, using a razor, cut below the bottom node on the fresh cutting at a 45° angle to the branch. This will increase the surface area of the rooting surface, promoting faster growth.
  • Place your fresh cutting immediately into a rooting hormone. Then, put it directly into a root cube. If using an auto-cloner, put a collar around it and place it in the auto-cloner; you’ll put rooting hormone in the cloner after all cuttings have been taken.
  • Once done taking the cutting, remove unnecessary leaves toward the bottom and clip off the tips of the remaining fan leaves on the cutting. This supports photosynthesis, helping your clones uptake nutrients and water.

Never will understand how cutting the tips off leaves supports Photosynthesis since the leaf is where it does the photosynthesis.;)
The post above with that link did a study that says exactly what I'm saying about photosynthesis.

Last edited:
And this one says cut the tips. Go figure. 😁

How to take a cutting:

• Look for branches that are sturdy and healthy. You want at least two nodes on the final cutting, so pick a branch that is healthy and long enough. A sturdy clone will lead to a sturdy plant.
  • Cut the clone off the mother, cutting above the node on the mother plant. It’s OK to use scissors here; it may be hard to get a razor in the middle of the mother plant.
  • Then, using a razor, cut below the bottom node on the fresh cutting at a 45° angle to the branch. This will increase the surface area of the rooting surface, promoting faster growth.
  • Place your fresh cutting immediately into a rooting hormone. Then, put it directly into a root cube. If using an auto-cloner, put a collar around it and place it in the auto-cloner; you’ll put rooting hormone in the cloner after all cuttings have been taken.
  • Once done taking the cutting, remove unnecessary leaves toward the bottom and clip off the tips of the remaining fan leaves on the cutting. This supports photosynthesis, helping your clones uptake nutrients and water.
That plant is one he harvested buds from and is revegging it to save the genetics. Some kinda weird mutation in seeds he got from a pollen chucker on here. 🥸 Says the smoke has a pineapple flavor.

Those ones I don’t really care about I have nowhere to put them my tent has like 8 plants in it and it’s only 4x4. I just gave them water and the ph was like 6.5 I think

My buddy said I could put them in his woods but I don’t think he really wants to. He’s not as enthusiastic as I am about growing weed. Don’t want to toss them but I’d like to make room for some other stuff

Latest posts

Back