clones or teens

blondlebanese

Reaction score
when it comes to buying clones or 6" to 8" teens. from my experience with growing tomatoes I think younger plants have an easier time getting over stress that's associated with transplanting or transporting ect. what do you all think?

yooper420

AladinSane
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
What`s the difference between clones and 6" to 8" teens ?

Reaction score
I have never had the pleasure of going and buying rooted clones, but I never have much transplant shock with anything. I tend to get the healthiest looking tomatoes, regardless of size. Probably the same kind of things I look for in a tomato are the things you would look for in a clone--close intermodal spacing, good leaf structure, good color, etc.

yooper420

AladinSane
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I have never had the pleasure of going and buying rooted clones, but I never have much transplant shock with anything. I tend to get the healthiest looking tomatoes, regardless of size. Probably the same kind of things I look for in a tomato are the things you would look for in a clone--close intermodal spacing, good leaf structure, good color, etc.

Have never bought clones, too many horror stories associated with them. About bringing bugs and diseases into your garden. Look `em over good, pick the healthiest looking ones, if you go this way.
Transplant shock, have not experienced it. I use 3" coco coir pots to germinate seeds in. Then the whole thing goes into 6" coco coir pots. When ready into the 5 gallon pots. No transplant shock this way .
The K.I.S.S. method works. Don`t think it gets any simpler then this.
Peace.

Latest posts