clones went into bloom stunted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutthoatish420

Reaction score
my clones went into bloom and although it looks healthy i see no new growth should i get ride of them or wait it out.. its been like a week and a half

wait until they are 2-4 weeks old. then if you dont see any progress you can get rid of them. maybe its something genetic, as some clones may take more from the fathers genetics than the mothers, or viceversa.

as some clones may take more from the fathers genetics than the mothers, or viceversa.
:confused2:.. "clones" are identical genetic replcas of the "donor" plant.
There is no paternal/maternal genetic influence.. IMO.

cutthroat'.. patience grasshopper..:p.. they will reveg and start new growth in due time.

Hick said:

cutthroat'.. patience grasshopper..:p.. they will reveg and start new growth in due time.
Hahahahaha

Hick said:

The clones are identical genetic replicas of the donor plant, but they develop as a new plant, so they might develop some genes more than others.

DonConSemillas said:
The clones are identical genetic replicas of the donor plant, but they develop as a new plant, so they might develop some genes more than others.

Huh? :huh:.... I don't believe so, but if you'll elaborate, I will listen. "develop some genes more than others".. :confused2:
I can understand environment possibly inducing or inhibiting certain 'characteristics', but 'genetically' nothing changes.

They have the same genetics, but in they're DNA not all genes are developed equally.

So, a clone from a 70% Indica / 30% sativa can develop its sativa gene more than the donor plant. This is because it grows to a plant on her own and it grows its own way.

hmm.. in 20 years of cloning, "I" have never seen it. From any plant, not only mj. Every clone I have ever taken, rooted and grown to maturity(at LEAST hundreds) has been identical to the donor. unless it went through some traumatic stress or deprivation.
As I said before, I do understand how you could possibly promote a 'more' sativa strain, to exhibit 'more sativa' characteristics through environment. But it is STILL 70/30. I don't believe anything genetic has changed.

I think I'd like to see/read some botanical evidence relating to this.
Got any?..

I have also seen it stated somewhere on here that taking your clones when they are beginning to flower on the mother thats way they are genetically predisposed to begin flowering quickly, and the use of phosphrous is also helpful but I wont say where or when or how to administer in reference to the the cloning to transferring to medium timing, I have never cloned.

Clones taken during flowering will do some funky things as they reveg...a lot of times mine throw single bladed leaves for a while and look like a hot mess.
Give them sometime and they will get straightened out. This is why taking clones during flower is not the best practice. In my experience they often take longer to throw roots as well.

I gotta agree with Hick though...they call them clones for a reason. Genetic copies of the mom they were taken from. Jmo

Hmmm, I heard of this theoretically, but I neither seen it happen. I'll ask someone that is more experienced about this and come back with a post.

Latest posts

Back