Clones wilting and can't figure out why!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grassguy1

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time grower and cloner here. I cloned my plants about 3 weeks ago and the roots became visible just over a week ago. I removed the humidifying dome after a week and they were kept on a heating mat which was removed recently. They're also under a 45w led.
I had a mildew situation last week and had to remove 2 of the clones, sprayed the rockwools with hydrogen peroxide for the rest and kept them near a light fan for a few days to prevent the mildew from spreading.
The mildew didn't show up but there was an underwatering situation 3-4 days ago and over half the clones have been wilting since then.
I water them with clonex nutrient solution(these days twice a day cause they've been getting dry more often.) and removed the fan to prevent extra loss of humidity but haven't seen any changes.

Any thoughts, ideas would be appreciated.

some underwatering situations can be irreversible, other times it can take a while to heal from it.

First relax, the crop will revive. Try watering less. If they are in cubes don't water for a few days. The cubes hold lots of water. Switch your nutes/clonex to just clear water. Make sure you check the tempature of the water and the meter reading are about 6. They are drying up because you are over watering them.

Well, tbh the clones have been drinking way more since then. I find the cubes dry every time i check on them. And more of them are starting to wilt. Are you sure it's overwatering?

I would surely check the ph of your water. Also, if you are using a cloner check the temps of your water. If they are over watered just re-pot/cube them if possible. Mold on the other hand is HELL. Make sure you wash everything inside your grow area. Mold spores even not showing on leaves and float thru the air forever.
I would recomend pulling all clones, re potting them in red cups. Scrub your grow area, trays, and domes. And stick em under a 24-0 light schedule. More light-less mold. Learn to read the leaves as they will tell you whats going on.

Latest posts

Back