CLones without rooting hormone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JahmiN

Reaction score
I would think why would it not be possible to clone my plants without Rootone since i dont have eny...would it matter? it mite root faster with the hormone but why not with just water? clip, and stick into soil and water under floros....with humidity dome.

i dont use any root hormone, and have just as good results as i did last year when i was using root hormone. dip you razor in alcohol and wash you hands before you mess with cuttings.

actually, come to think of it, i have better luck without the hormones. :)

thanks for the advice, so a nice smooth angel slice with razor. ill just make a little hole and dip cutting into water and place it.
thanks

thats basically it?

thats pretty much it. you can take several cuts and try lots of way to figure out whats works best in you situation. i think sterilization of the blade is important.

try to suspent you clone cutting above a source of bubbling water, and dont keep the cut directly in the water. the splashing of bubbles should be enuf moisture to keep the plant alive till roots can develop. what are you rooting them in?

i took 15 cuttings and 14 have rooted now and taking off, just been misting them every day or so, just used plastic cups with holes for drainage and good potting soil, kept the soil moist. And.. did get better percent this time with them surviving without root hormone.and rooted faster. under 40w floro 3800 lumens x 2= 7600 lumens, use fluro till they get around 6 - 8 inch then throw outside for budding. would you suggest switching the light to 12/12 ir let them get some vegg.....

thanks

depends on how big you want em to get. they will tripple in size when you switch to 12/12, so if you let them veg to a foot then you will end up with 3ft tall plants.

Weeddog said:
depends on how big you want em to get. they will tripple in size when you switch to 12/12, so if you let them veg to a foot then you will end up with 3ft tall plants.

Depends what strain it is. I hear the K2 I'm doing wont stretch much if at all.

Plants will grow healthier if you give them at least a week or two in veg. It gives them time to build up an 'immune' system, and helps with overall growth.

Is it a rule of thumb, though, that the longer they veg, the more buds they will produce?

Auto! Oh, it is wonderful to see you here - kick yer shoes off, post an intro, and stay with us! ;)

Wooo hoo! The gang has made it!!!
Ya Goldie, the longer you vegm the more it'll produce, due to the fact that the plant gets bigger!

And the indica/sativa strain also is a factor, right?

I dunno if the strain has as much to do with it...I think more or less it's just how much light you give the sucker and how big you let it get before switching to flower.....
auto-

Oh, okay. I thought that sativas as a rule needed to veg longer than indicas - but then what do I know? lol

the bagseed IV have been growing always has a 50/50 phenotype and somtimes a couple looked mixed its weird

Latest posts

Back