Clones!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kushflow

Reaction score
How often should i be watering my clones their about 3 inches inside a 10 oz cup??

You don't water clones, from my understanding. I'm currently in the same phase as you, and the first 2 clones I took, I overwatered and killed them. Was bottom feeding them in a bowl. Since then, I've put the new clones in a dry bowl, with a 1gallon water pitcher over top of it to act as a humidity dome. Some users here don't use humidity domes to clone, but the majority do. Humidity is what you're looking for, not so much light, though light is also important.

So, all in all, I'd mist them, spray your medium initially (and when it feels dry to the touch/squeeze) to make sure it is damp but not soaked , and stick them under a humidity dome. After 2 days, mine are drooping a bit still, but they are maintaining their rigidity... much better than my first go around with it. If your clones are already rooted, they should be in their final pots, being watered with the rest of them.

I use a dome, right from the get go..
80F and 90% humidity.
misting once to twice a day. After the initial week I leave the dome off for an hr or so.
Once they root, I Trans to party cups and let them dry a cpl days then continue a reg wet?dry watering schedule.

Are they rooted? if they are you water when they need it, like when the solo cup is weightless, if they arent rooted you keep them damp, never soaked and never dry.

Use a humidity dome. But harden them before you pull the dome off after they root. I soak all my medium in pH 5.5; cut, shave, trim leaves, dip in gel, then stab in block 2/3 of the way. I mist only when the dome walls are dry. Never water the clones until I see roots.

Here is mine as of right now:

5c85a5d8.jpg

dd726400.jpg

First roots just popped today!

So that's like ~8 days! :D

a3d9c776.jpg

Daaaaaayuuumm...just 12 hours later

I shoulda started my own journal lol

49d7b3e8.jpg

very nice OG...I would like to point out as well to allow a good root system befor moving to Medium...I also like to use a 1 gallon jug after the roots show...I place in 16oz solo cup ...place on floor of room and then set a 1 gallon round jug over it that I cut the bottom off..also leave the lid off...Ive had issue with clone droping over and dieing off if just taken outta of dome...not all mine root the same day so cant just use the vents on the dome...anywho...your clones look nice and healthy OgKush

Latest posts

Back