clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbawhale

Reaction score
Howdy folks, I need some advice on clones. I have good clones under small floros and it's time to go to big lights, my question is how do you keep them from burning? Maybe a screen or shade? I know distance is a factor but how long before they are ready for full light, 1000 watts? And one more question, where did the "grow video" go that used to be at the home page, I use to use it for reference? Thanks for your time.

Larry

I dome them immediately after planting and keep them domed, under moderate light 16/8 or higher , until signs of vegetative growth. Once roots are showing and she's kicked into veg the domes come of and they get full light. Haven't had an issue with burning yet, but I use CFLs.

Thanks for the info BeerBong, I don't seem to have a problem getting clones to root and thrive but when I take them from the floro to the hid I'm not sure how to go about it. I have done it before with some success, I just thought there would be a more surefire way of getting them use to the bigger lights. I also do not know what you mean by "dome", I've never seen a dome before, what are they exactly? Thanks again.

Larry

Humidity dome--a lot of people (especially those in arid areas) use them to help make sure the fresh cuts do not dry out because they have no root system. I keep them "cloning" until I have good roots. In other words, don't be too quick to put them under the HID light--make sure they are healthy, strong, and have a nice strong root system.

Do you have any kind of intermediary light you could put them under? It is hard to take tender clones and put them under the intensity of a 1000W. I have found when you get them far enough away, the plants tend to stretch. However if you need to, you start them off at least a couple of feet from the light and lower the light (or raise the plants) as they get larger and more adjusted to the intensity of the big HID.

Sorry, yeah a clear plastic dome. I cut 1 liter bottles in half and they fit as a perfect cover for a 16 oz solo cup. I also plant clones in clear solo cups so I can see the roots. I have had clones take in my window so they don't need a lot of light, as long as they are getting enough light to keep them in veg (16/8 or more). I'll leave them right in the cup until the roots reach them bottom. You could even stick them under a lamp with regular CFL bulbs over night for a week or two. I actually let my clones stretch a bit in the very beginning to make for a nice quick first supercrop, then put them as close to the light as possible afterwards. They should be able to take full light without a dome by week 3.

Hi goddess, good to talk to you again, thank you and BeerBong for your advice and my baby ladies are doing just fine now. They are quite a bit larger and happy under the 1000 watt hid. Next time I clone I will try the dome system that BeerBong spoke of and if I need help(if, haha) I will ask, once again, for your wise, sage, advice. Thanks again.

Larry

Glad they are doing well. Learning to clone is a valuable asset when growing.

Latest posts

Back