Cloning and re vegging from a harvested plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I wasn't planning on this but I think I have found a very special pheno from 1 of my 2 Sundae Punch plants. I grew some of these out in my last grow and they were great, but 1 of my current plants has a very special smell to it which I am really digging. It is about 1 week from harvest, but I would like to possibly take a clone or just leave a small bit of popcorn bud on the main stem and see if I can re veg it. Am I dreaming, or wasting time? What are the odds it will even work, and is there a technique I can administer that will give me the best possible chance? Thanks.

Doesn’t hurt to try, right?
True. Maybe I have a case of the "fire". Yeah the SP has always been top notch flower, but it would stop me from really spreading my wings in terms of finding "the strain". Worst case I do have a couple more seeds I could germinate down the road. I am just afraid I may miss this strain down the road, and I don't think they are available anymore.

Yep. Takes awhile but I've done it. Listen to Growdude.

I’ve never tried to reveg on purpose. I usually take a few clones from the plant during the veg cycle and let them hang out till I see how the mother plant turned out. They are usually big enough to go to flower shortly after the flower tent is empty for another round.

Has anyone cloned late in flower and then reveg
I did it once with success but the were only 3 weeks in flower. Buds had already formed. Was interesting watching the transformation back to veg. Leafs were funky for awhile but in time the plant straightened out and I got good clones from it.

I did it once with success but the were only 3 weeks in flower. Buds had already formed. Was interesting watching the transformation back to veg. Leafs were funky for awhile but in time the plant straightened out and I got good clones from it.
Did it lose any vigor or potency

Last summer I took some cuttings, rooted them, then flipped them before vegging the clones. That little ‘speriment turned into my ‘Resident President’ planting(6 plants in a one gallon pot). I flipped the clones with the aim of sexing the plants. They all revegged and then flowered normally. Not sure about if they lost anything because the whole thing was a non-traditional grow.

Hi everyone. I wasn't planning on this but I think I have found a very special pheno from 1 of my 2 Sundae Punch plants. I grew some of these out in my last grow and they were great, but 1 of my current plants has a very special smell to it which I am really digging. It is about 1 week from harvest, but I would like to possibly take a clone or just leave a small bit of popcorn bud on the main stem and see if I can re veg it. Am I dreaming, or wasting time? What are the odds it will even work, and is there a technique I can administer that will give me the best possible chance? Thanks.
Low key if you put it back to 18/6 it will return to veg it will take a while what I would do is cut clones of the branches that’s just starting to bud with white hairs they will clone so your option is either to cut 80% of your plant to the newly formed buds then put it in veg or just cut a bunch of clones at the bottom and let the plant finish budding I would take clones they will root just as fast as the clones without buds

What happens if I make a clone of a plant in flower, let it reveg, flip it, then spray it with silver nitrate to reverse it? Do I get buds or nanners with feminized pollen?

Latest posts

Back