Cloning assistance Please 😊

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on cloning , remember to cut off about a 1/2 inch of most of the fan leaves

why?

plant reacts to this wound by producing auxins

Now, scientists in the group of Professor Jiří Friml from the Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) discovered that the hormone Auxin and pressure guide the plant's way of regenerating.

"It is incredibly fascinating how robust and flexible plant regeneration is, considering how static those organisms are," says Lukas Hoermayer, a leading scientist in this study.

To investigate wound healing, the scientists injured a thale cress root with a laser. They then tracked cells during regeneration with a microscope. The scientists found that the hormone Auxin, which is essential in plant growth and development, also plays a vital role in wound healing. It builds up in those cells directly touching the wound and facilitates the plant's response to injury.

When the scientists artificially changed the Auxin amounts, either no cells or too many cells responded to the wound. This uncoordinated process, sometimes even led to tumorous swelling of the root.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200615155118.htm

also , take the biggest clone possible

rapid rooters work great too , I punch a hole all the way through them and turn them upside down so they stand on their own

we also use heat mats in the winter 74-78 degrees

cloning gel or powder , either or

7D3CB9EC-C8CA-4414-A1C3-6156E48443CF.jpeg
7A7C6418-8371-4DE0-A4F3-1D9327282267.jpeg

on cloning , remember to cut off about a 1/2 inch of most of the fan leaves

why?

plant reacts to this wound by producing auxins

Now, scientists in the group of Professor Jiří Friml from the Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) discovered that the hormone Auxin and pressure guide the plant's way of regenerating.

"It is incredibly fascinating how robust and flexible plant regeneration is, considering how static those organisms are," says Lukas Hoermayer, a leading scientist in this study.

To investigate wound healing, the scientists injured a thale cress root with a laser. They then tracked cells during regeneration with a microscope. The scientists found that the hormone Auxin, which is essential in plant growth and development, also plays a vital role in wound healing. It builds up in those cells directly touching the wound and facilitates the plant's response to injury.

When the scientists artificially changed the Auxin amounts, either no cells or too many cells responded to the wound. This uncoordinated process, sometimes even led to tumorous swelling of the root.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200615155118.htm

also , take the biggest clone possible

rapid rooters work great too , I punch a hole all the way through them and turn them upside down so they stand on their own

we also use heat mats in the winter 74-78 degrees

cloning gel or powder , either or

View attachment 282754View attachment 282755
I am starting to think Covid has made you smarter

I am starting to think Covid has made you smarter

my Major was Horticulture , I wanted to become a plant geneticist , but I fell in love with my Spanish and biology professors , my Biology professor used to grab me by my beard , she told she didn’t know why she had the urge to do that , I told her it was a deep rooted sexual reaction that came from her inner being...I got an A in her class

the Spanish professor was just to wild and crazy for me and I had to let her go , but not after buying her her favorite Spanish soap , Maja , and lathering her up real good with it....

D067C65D-968E-4650-9E42-454771F099C0.jpeg

my Major was Horticulture , I wanted to become a plant geneticist , but I fell in love with my Spanish and biology professors , my Biology professor used to grab me by my beard , she told she didn’t know why she had the urge to do that , I told her it was a deep rooted sexual reaction that came from her inner being...I got an A in her class

the Spanish professor was just to wild and crazy for me and I had to let her go , but not after buying her her favorite Spanish soap , Maja , and lathering her up real good with it....

View attachment 282756
Dang Must be that animal effect you have
Look what it did to Poor Shiloh.............................. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I bought a cloning mat to put under the containers I used for cloning.
It is very low power and keeps the container at 80 plus or minus a
couple degrees. It works well. It takes a while then all of a sudden
roots appear, for me usually around the 14 day mark or shortly after.
Clones do not need a lot of light to root.

Thanks for your advice on my clones. I have a temp humidity gage in the bottom of the little house. It’s registering at only 72 degrees F with 90% humidity. I have read that the optimal temp humidity is 80 degrees and 90-100%. They are inside my house in a spare room. Our house temp is set on 68 degrees F so it’s hard to get that medium temp to 80 degrees. I managed to catch them this morning at 75 degrees which Made me happy to see. Some advised that a heating mat would help. I finally did end up getting one. It didn’t have a low/high setting. When I plugged it in, within an hour my gauge read 85 degrees F and only 68%humidity. I quickly unplugged it as I didn’t want the little clones to get to hot and figured that 72 F and 95% humidity was better for them. My light is cool to the touch but I could figure a way to hang it a little higher so the plants don’t take to growing leaves instead of roots. I have rooted other plants in the past but not weed. I do know sometimes it takes two or three weeks to take. They all seem to be looking healthy. I’ve had them in the box now for one week. They haven’t grown but look to be very healthy so I hope you are right about the if they last 24 hours they will make it thing 😊I took this picture this morning. I will take your advice about giving them a little air every day. I do intend to use the rock wood cubes next go around. I used what I had on hand this time the peat pellets and a tiny Dixie cup with the bottom cut out to hold them up a little. Thanks for your reply 🤓View attachment 282735
You're welcome. I had to get a system down because I used to kill a lot of clones before I figured out what I was doing.
I would watch the heating mat. That can push temps wildly high quickly. Remember Too Dry and Too Warm are bad. 75 to 80 is perfect.

Latest posts

Back