cloning-how big???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rookie

Reaction score
last nighy my prize 7ft.-6in.NL#5 by HAZE broke in two during a heavy rain.it broke @first pinch pt. 24in. above ground level (agl).i tried to wire back together-plant fell over as split in 2in. trunk went down another 12in. to 12in. a.g.l.. ithen cut both sides off w/saw and placed in 5gal. bucket w/ water.what can i do @this point???how long a branch can be cloned??? we are a few days from seeing first white hairs on buds.should i just chuck it????sad sad sad...

rookie said:
last nighy my prize 7ft.-6in.NL#5 by HAZE broke in two during a heavy rain.it broke @first pinch pt. 24in. above ground level (agl).i tried to wire back together-plant fell over as split in 2in. trunk went down another 12in. to 12in. a.g.l.. ithen cut both sides off w/saw and placed in 5gal. bucket w/ water.what can i do @this point???how long a branch can be cloned??? we are a few days from seeing first white hairs on buds.should i just chuck it????sad sad sad...
it still looks healthy for the moment.

Depends on the bark. Old and gray won't work and neither will the soft stuff near the growing tip.

You want green and firm, but not too hard. It's hard to describe and mostly something you learn from experience. But, say 8" from the growing tip is about max, with ~5 or 6" from the tip being ideal.

Wet

Wetdog said:
Depends on the bark. Old and gray won't work and neither will the soft stuff near the growing tip.

You want green and firm, but not too hard. It's hard to describe and mostly something you learn from experience. But, say 8" from the growing tip is about max, with ~5 or 6" from the tip being ideal.

Wet

and atleast 2 node sites ...best of luck

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Ive done a clone over 1 foot, Just stuck it down in a rockwool cube and wet it once in a while... I was shocked to see it root.

Growdude said:
Ive done a clone over 1 foot, Just stuck it down in a rockwool cube and wet it once in a while... I was shocked to see it root.

and it wasnt top heavy?...I would think that tall and in rockwool it would topple over...what sie rockwool?

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Latest posts

Back