cloning in EZ-CLONE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QBCrocket

Reaction score
I was looking at going to a eziclone set up , I have watched a few blogs and read posts on cloning , there seems to be no mention of a cover to get the 100 percent humidity for the first 72hrs , This was something I found to be crucial in other cloning methods , is this not needed with EZ-clone or is it just taken for granted .

Take a cut --Put it in one these neopreme collars and aero baskets and drop them in a hole -- I only use a heat pad and dome when starting seed -- This was never under any kind of dome -- I think a dome and 100% humidity is to make sure they don't dry out -- This pic also show how late U can take a clone -- I make small clones
20171023_224840-1.jpg

yeh nice - I like to take small as well as I usually take them 5 weeks before I need them , never done one that late ,good to know
I took some cuts off a clone that had just sprouted roots this time around and they have taken stoked with that .

I was looking at going to a eziclone set up , I have watched a few blogs and read posts on cloning , there seems to be no mention of a cover to get the 100 percent humidity for the first 72hrs , This was something I found to be crucial in other cloning methods , is this not needed with EZ-clone or is it just taken for granted .
I've used the EZ Cloners for years and have never needed to use a humidity dome or anything like it.
I can't remember ever losing any clones in them. They're a really good machine, I have a 32 and 64 site ez cloner, I hope to need to buy the 128 site one in the near future.
Good luck!

I've always given my cuts a good spritz of wilt-pruf when using an exposed propagation setup such as an ezclone or a DIY aero cloner of any sort. Also, keeping your light source on the gentler side helps reduce water loss through transpiration before the cuts root enough to keep up.

Take a cut --Put it in one these neopreme collars and aero baskets and drop them in a hole -- I only use a heat pad and dome when starting seed -- This was never under any kind of dome -- I think a dome and 100% humidity is to make sure they don't dry out -- This pic also show how late U can take a clone -- I make small clones View attachment 250892

I would like to know how to do this

Take a cut with 3-4 nodes. Strip the bottom node and then make a very clean diagonal cut about 1/4-1/2 inch below it. I use an xacto knife sterilized over a flame or in rubbing alcohol and wiped dry. Immediately apply rooting hormone of your choice, and slide into collar from the side cut so the hormone isn't wiped off. Put in cloner, mist with an anti transpirant, and be sure the root zone in properly moist, the cloner reservoir is at a ph around 6.5, and the light isn't too intense.

Imvho, if you do the up side down rapid rooters thing, leave them out of the seedling trays. They breathe better. Roots need a lot of oxygen to thrive.

Imvho, if you do the up side down rapid rooters thing, leave them out of the seedling trays. They breathe better. Roots need a lot of oxygen to thrive.
Just for the record there are many different companies that make them differently but if you go ahead and buy the cheaper ones that are the knockoffs then then they will cause rooting breathing issues because not every company makes them the same way trust me on this!.

As the saying goes you get what you paid for it!.

CK

Last edited:
This was a piece of advice specifically for users of Rapid Rooters TM. I have never used knockoffs except for that one time I started my hollyhocks in Root Riots...but that's a story for gardenweb...

Edit : please remind my dumb ass to buy biennials from home depot as yearlings.

Edit again: my dumb male donkey. Sorry, language.

Last edited:
This was a piece of advice specifically for users of Rapid Rooters TM. I have never used knockoffs except for that one time I started my hollyhocks in Root Riots...but that's a story for gardenweb...

Edit : please remind my dumb *** to buy biennials from home depot as yearlings.

This is the expensive kind of rapid rooters I use!.
CloningTutorialRooted06_large.JPG.jpg

Edit : please remind my dumb *** to buy biennials from home depot as yearlings.

The ones you want to be looking for are made much looser then the cheaper knockoffs because the cheaper ones are made to tightly compacted.

Hi stinkyattic,

You know they do have a new grow media out that's been out for a while now it's similar to soil be its made out of a biodegradable foam not anything like pealight at all. In fact it's I think made out of a biodegradable soft foam mixed with a soft polymer rubber I saw it about a year or so ago or maybe more I am not sure but I don't remember the name of the stuff off hand. Well anyway it's already set at a very good PH and is chock full of nutrients in it and also mico nutrients as well. Its made Specifically for cloning and it not made out of nor rockwool nor coco.

Its something that even NASA was considering thinking about using whenever they do the Mars missions on Mars that is because it already has everything in it for plants and the only thing you need to do is keeping it watered. I do know that its got a time release with the nutrients and rooting hormones already built in it and no it is not no rapid rooter or rockwool of any kind because those don't do as this stuff does.

I will certainly have to ask my brother what the name of it was but anyway back to the ranch!.
Lol

That sounds interesting, please do post if you recall the name. I would be concerned about built in fertilizers beyond the ones found in regular grow plugs which I think are often from compost. I just like having control, like seasoning a stew: you can add salt to taste, but you can't take it away:)

Hi stinkyattic,

You know they do have a new grow media out that's been out for a while now it's similar to soil be its made out of a biodegradable foam not anything like pealight at all. In fact it's I think made out of a biodegradable soft foam mixed with a soft polymer rubber I saw it about a year or so ago or maybe more I am not sure but I don't remember the name of the stuff off hand. Well anyway it's already set at a very good PH and is chock full of nutrients in it and also mico nutrients as well. Its made Specifically for cloning and it not made out of nor rockwool nor coco.

Its something that even NASA was considering thinking about using whenever they do the Mars missions on Mars that is because it already has everything in it for plants and the only thing you need to do is keeping it watered. I do know that its got a time release with the nutrients and rooting hormones already built in it and no it is not no rapid rooter or rockwool of any kind because those don't do as this stuff does.

I will certainly have to ask my brother what the name of it was but anyway back to the ranch!.
Lol
You what to see something cool ? Go to youtube and check out ( small plants BIG BUDS ). By limbo co. Look at the stuff they grow with. This is the best grow I have ever seen. Easy and fast with minimal labor. Plus these are all main tops. No little B.S. baby buds. This is how I grow , but with areo. Minimal labor that's what it's all about.
But look at what they grow with. I have never seen anything like it............................

Latest posts

Back