cloning in flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockydog

Grower at Heart
Reaction score
how far along in flowering can you take a clone or two?

yeah bro..It looks like Ive screwed myself also. Maybe I'll look at it as a sign.

Hey man we took clones on the 2 days of flowering and for awhile we thought they would work we had 8... and 2 lived the 2 that did live were really hard to keep alive but we managed to pull throw, but dont take any clones in flowering cause youll just be wasting a spot were you could of had bud. Clone in veg it will almost garentee a successful plant in the end
Just my noob reply but it happend to me
Ez

The only thing about cloning during veg is you probably clone the males too. I wanted to avoid this.

That was my thught too, but now I know to just label each clone so I can toss the right clones when the time comes

TURKEYNECK said:
The only thing about cloning during veg is you probably clone the males too. I wanted to avoid this.

If veged long enough it can show you pre-flowers with out being in flower.
but taking a cutting and flowering it IMO is the best way to tell sex. take a cutting at week 4. sex that and you good to go. No stress on the donor plant.
establishing a mother plant is time consuming but is worth its weight in gold. I go through 3-4 females trying to establish one mother. Even if I have no weed. I take the extra time needed to find the right pheno I'm wanting in veg. I use clones to determine after flower if they are a keeper. but thats just me.

Cuts taken too far along in flowering, can be harder to get to root, they definately take longer, then they have to revert to vegging, which is also time consuming.
But if taken within the first week or two of flowering, I've had good success.
I take cuts at the same time that I up pot a week or two prior to flowering. I then make certain that I have established clones from each plant marked as such, before I flower out the plants from seed. After smoke testing, I can then choose th pheno of my likeing as a "Donor" plant.

ive found clones can be taken when the plant is in full bud,what ive done is cut the clone from the bottom of the plant and go for the least mature looking clone.
they do take alot longer to root but will take, and then need revegging.
i havent growen from seed for over three years now,i just take clones from my vegging plants before they go onto 12/12 as well as always keeping a couple of mothers going that i clone from too.

Some say that taking that clone when your in bud may stress the clone. Ive done it and things were ok.But i can give you a idea. '' No mamas method''. Say you got some going in veg that you no are female. I like to get them about 20 inches. Than i bud but i take 1 or 2 clones from each plant right before i put them under 12 12. if i got 18 ill have 36 if i take 2 of each. i like to take 1 from 8 plants and 2 from the other 8 you do the math!!!!

I'd like to stretch my run.. and I dont have a place for a mother so I may try to take a couple this time from lower branches just before harvest. My next grow will be better planned

Latest posts

Back