cloning > plugs/rockwool/ soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Dman1234 Drill a hole in it? Cut the foam off the plant once they root? I've got all the stuff I would need to do a bubbler but I've never thought to try it. I'm definitely going to... leave lights and air stone on 24/7?

you may want to pm him if he doesn't reply soon...

:smoke1:

You could do either of those things you ask dman

They way the store bought foam looks is and X in the middle with only one of the four cuts going all the way to the edge to be able to open it.
Make sense? Not sure how well my description is.

i use a hole saw drill bit to cut holes in the lid of the rubbermaid, i cut the foam so it looks like pacman, place the clone in it and when i gently squeeze the foam into the hole it fills it in, you will cut the foam wrong a few times and then you will get it, i would take pics but im not due to clone for another 2 months or so. and yes light and air pump 24/7.

Kepp the water at as close to a constant temperature as you can, major water temp swings affect success imo.

Neoprene collars, they are cheap.

eBay, a local hydro shop, other places online ...

Dman1234 said:
i use a hole saw drill bit to cut holes in the lid of the rubbermaid

:yeahthat: Hole saw drilling can get addictive. How big is the reservoir? I usually do 8 to 10 3.5" holes in a 14-gallon Rubbermaid.

The heirloom I got to root didnt do anything but get intensely dark green then choked out by everything else. 7 leaves, no more, no less. Just hella green. Did yours grow up to be a big un?

7greeneyes said:
Got a tomato plant to root in rockwool which according to the Indoor garden guy is impossible yet I did it just the same...:rolleyes:

:icon_smile:

1-051.JPG

3-053.JPG

5-055.JPG

6-056.JPG

4u, I have been having problems using the neoprene collars like that. It seems like the stem rots where it goes through the neoprene. Any ideas? I have better luck just using 2" net pots with hydrotron in a bubbler.

Sounds like possibly your container is to shallow, and to much water is splashing up into the collars?

It only takes a very fine mist to work well.

Thanks TOA. The container is not too shallow, but it could be too much water splashing up into the collars.

I had to change my pump because it was to powerful and would get water sitting on top the tote..the one I have now just lets the mist hit ends of clipping and not the entire bottom of lid?...make and sence:stoned:

Latest posts

Back