cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
I took some clones a few weeks ago, and now are vegging. Today I was looking closely at them and I noticed that only one of them has leafs at the internodes. The one that has leafs@ internodes is doing great looks like a little plant and is growing well, the others don't look the same. In cloning the only thing different about the one is it had a good root strucure when I planted it, the others werent as developed. This was my first time taking clones. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Sounds like 98% of the growers....I was the 2% that was thinking was going to be a seed grower..congrats on the success

take care and be safe

Yeah that's not unusual. You will see a good many things that will make you scratch yer head while growing and cloning. Plants are reactive in their growth. They have a set pattern of function for their life's work, and they react to the environment according to that set pattern of function.

If you disturb that pattern(which we do constantly as cultivators) then they react in accordance to reaching the end result that is programmed into their DNA. What we end up seeing can look pretty wacky. Like single bladed leaves or buds growing from the center of a 5 blade frond. All kinds of weird things.

They all will not always grow at the same rate and because of that will react to stimulus in differing ways. :)

Latest posts

Back