Closed mindedness has struck home.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ston-loc

Reaction score
Haven't been posting much on here lately, so hello all. So pretty much last weekend my sister finds out that I partake. Regardless of the reasoning, I have MMJ, but she doesn't even bring it up to me. She starts an entire tirade with my parents and other sister and HUGE HATE post on facebook of how I am an awful parent, etc etc etc.
:huh:
Mind you we are both in our 30's, and she's still acting like the teenager telling on her little brother. She has absolutely no respect for me, or my wife in the things she said. Just the fact she didn't call me and have a simple conversation, has now blown the entire family up, and I want nothing to do with that sister. I have talked to everyone else that she rampaged slamming me too, and salvaged those relationships. My sister that started this whole ordeal, I'm done.
Just needed to vent with some like minded folks. If any of you have had issues with relatives regarding herb?
Added, this all came up because she found out i "smoke" weed! Holy hell what would happen if she found out I grew it!! I had a great, open, adult conversation with my mom. And that did come up. Surprisingly, her uber conservative, religious, (yet greenthumb) was weirdly open about the whole thing... I don't know. Any thoughts?

I'm sorry ston-loc. It is really hard when your family gets like this. I personally have not really had any trouble with my family over marijuana. My brother-in-law and I had some problems over it. However when he got cancer, I gave him marijuana and much to his surprise, it helped all the bad side effects of chemo. I hope that you can eventually patch things up with your sister.

Sorry to hear this ston....I feel ya. I hve no room in my life for close minded people....regardless of who they are. It's okay for them to drink and smoke but MJ is evil in their minds.

I can sooo relate. :(

Pm me if ya like. If you heard my story you might feel better, lol

Seriously, my whole life she has been this way, judging me. That doesn't come to surprise. But that full on attack of #### that she said just infuriates me.
We are COMPLETELY different people, living completely different lifestyles. She's the one posting about going to have appletini's and girls night to see sex in the city movies, shivers> Ugh.
Long and short of it, just needed to vent. She means squat to me at this moment. Just because you are blood, doesnt give you free passes to say the kind of things she said. Especially unprovoked!
Uneducated closed mindedness at its peak.
Have no time and or effort for it in my life. My life is great, and she isn't needed in it.......... Sorry if this whole thread seams crappy to post. I just needed a bit of support. Thanks for what was said so far.

What a bummer ston

Maybe you could pass along some medical research on the benefits of mj and it would help on the close mindlessness of your sis.

Sounds like Mom is more on your side and If Mom is happy that's the main thing so piss on sis.

yay for your mom, gotta lovem. Ignore your sister, no need to sweat the petty, she's always been like this and most likely will ALWAYS be antagonistic towards you and the mj lifestyle.

Keep yer chin up, ston

:peace:,

7ge

I feel ya as well. My family are all church going people, which is ok if you need that kind of spiritual thing. But mention marijuana and all hell breaks loose. My Mom told me she doesn't want a drug addict for a son. Kinda hurt, but I do understand. She has been told, along with the rest of us, that marijuana is evil. She just hasn't seen all of the new studies that are coming out that say how much it helps. Because of our governments ignorance and lack of empathy, we all suffer. She, along with a lot of others will get on board when they find out how much it helps and how little it hurts. Anyway, I hope you can work things out. Stay safe brother. :)
P.S. This is a great place to vent. I know I have done it a few times myself.

powerplanter said:
I feel ya as well. My family are all church going people, which is ok if you need that kind of spiritual thing. But mention marijuana and all hell breaks loose. My Mom told me she doesn't want a drug addict for a son. Kinda hurt, but I do understand. She has been told, along with the rest of us, that marijuana is evil. She just hasn't seen all of the new studies that are coming out that say how much it helps. Because of our governments ignorance and lack of empathy, we all suffer. She, along with a lot of others will get on board when they find out how much it helps and how little it hurts. Anyway, I hope you can work things out. Stay safe brother. :)
P.S. This is a great place to vent. I know I have done it a few times myself.

tell me about it. :yeahthat: My father's a protestant preacher but he's nvr once told me to quit. He knows it's better (for me) then opiates and he smoked mj when he was younger so he truly practices what he preaches. but whenever I go off on how the majority of Tricky Di**'s War On Drugs is just a way to burn away taxpayer's money or ppl getting busted for pot is a waste of revenue, my Mother says "You shouldn't do the crime if you can't do the time" *sigh* really?? Thanks mom for that lil morsel of wisdom, lol...:rolleyes:

Ston-loc...... I've got a bipoler sis who I would love to help her by providing MJ to her...... but she is so freaking crazy with all the meds she takes I can't trust her enough to attempt it...... I live in a state where anything to do with MJ is a not no but hell no........ She loves nothing more than to get on facebook and start trouble for anyone of many famiely members....... she told some of my famiely members I smoked a few years back before there was a facebook........ so ijust try and stay clear of her as much as I can....... it is easier than damage control anytime...... of course it is govt's fault we have to hide our passion for MJ from everyone...... they dictake how society is suposed to feel about you & I smoking the evil weed.

Morsel indeed. LOL It's strange 7, but my dad is much easier to talk to about smokin' the weed. lol He's a preacher as well, and he was much tougher on the subject when I was younger. :hitchair: :)

I've been busted a cpl times for possession and he's NEVER once lectured me, Just helped me afford a lawyer. He just said that mj is a phase in one's life, just like he went thru and that we all grow up some time. He has nvr once told me to quit. Yes, my dad is WAY easier to talk to then me mum...:rolleyes:, at least regarding cannabis.

Hey Mr. Ston-loc, so sorry about your sister being so hard on you, we're not talking about a stranger, it's someone who's been doing this there whole life also, when my MOM has these kinda problems, if it's someone she loves she might buy them a book called, accept this gift, or put in in a box on the shelf, stuff like this gets just to heavy to carry around,

you manned up and cleared it with moms thats gotta be a weight off your shoulders, now just one thing left to do...tell all her girls night out buds she has a rare form of vd that is highly contagious.:eek: ;) ...

Hahahaha! Thanks for the laugh Irish, my wife just jumped in the other room because I laughed to loud! :rofl: Everyone else too, thanks for the words of support. I needed it.
Add to the ** it was my nieces bday and I called, as much as I hated to possibly hear my sis answer, but I love my niece. Sis answers and wont give the phone to my niece the phone until I "Give her my word I'm not going to spread hate". That is the level of respect she has for me.... *sigh*
Yes, made right with mom and dad and oldest sis. That is really all i need to do. This other one has her own problems, and I don't need that drama and ** in my life.
Again, thanks everyone for all the support.
PS. and Irish, my sis found this out on a girls night out with her friend that actually knows me more then my own sister. I let her have it too. She replied, "Sorry, I didn't know she would respond like that" BIT*&!!!

always kinda wondered about sisters, I've got two brothers, but I've found in the family hassles, the're kinda like losing control when your driving on ice, the more you try to control the situation the worse it gets, I just let up on the gas, take my foot off the brake, and things kinda go back on track by themselves, you know in your heart what your herb is, it's not some dark gateway to hell, it's some weed,, did sis grow up in San Jose too?? Weird attitude for a bay area person's all I'm saying, Glad Irish made you laugh, that made me laugh, we should all take a look at it, and have a LAUGH-IN.

:48: maybe she's just wishing you'd share! :rofl:

Sorry to hear, my friend, but you're a responsible adult. Let her deal with her issue...it is, after all, her issue! :48:

Latest posts

Back