Co2 and the worth of it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KADE

Aero Lord
Reaction score
Is Co2 worth putting into a well ventilated room? I have dangerous materials permits so I can buy all sorts of neat things.... including co2 in bulk... "50lb canisters" But this costs $65/y for the license and $78 every new tank. Would I be seeing any big difference in yield? Besides them looking better in health?

If you have a "well ventilated" room CO2 will do you no good. You need to seal the room best as possible to keep the CO2 in the room. If you use CO2 properly it will help your grow. These are not my pics...

CO2 Bud.jpg

CO2 Bud1.jpg

CO2 Bud2.jpg

yes, CO2 will increase yer yeilds - up to 30% but like you posted "dangerous materials". ya better know what yer doing with this stuff or you can kill yer crop and yourself. no joke. you need a closed room with sweeper overhead fans to lift the CO2 as it is heavier then air. mutiple injection sites, and a really good generator and pulse timer. is it worth the time and cost? IMHO no. not unless yer running a greenhouse or 100 light commercial operation.

i dont think you need a dangerous materials permit to get a tank of Co2 though it may very state to state....its an inert gas/liquid/solid. we use it regularly for mig welding as a shielding gas. ive got a few C02 tanks in the house as well as argon tanks for my tig welder.

probably dont, here in bc i can get a tank, regulator and gas but my grow isnt big enough to warrent 1, i figure. also this is true of gases, my story; i was using ozone to kill black mold. as i have a bad back i decided to sleep on the floor on a mattress about 1/2 height of my couch. in the middle of the night i awoke with a pounding headache so i got up and took a couple of tylenol 3's and laid back down on the couch. headache was gone and asleep i went to awaken 3 hours later with a headache again so i got up. opened the door and got some fresh air; then i realized it was the ozone gas. if this was CO2 gas i would not have woken up at all. it is dangerous fer people and for pets that sleep on the floor. i have a buddy that killed his best friend; a border collie this way. maybe in an outside building or greenhouse BUT NOT IN YOUR HOME. CO2 needs constant monitering and equipment checks, not worth it IMHO. but its yer life.

do you mean carbon monoxide? it is possible with carbon dioxide, but i hear more carbon monoxide deaths than carbon dioxide.

You do not want to use CO that is bad at any level. CO2 will not cause any issues unless you are in a room over 2000ppm you begin to get dizzy, ect.

astra007 said:
should have added when yer asleep lol

Kinda off topic:
I read in a some of the largest buildings in NY, LA, ect the ppm of CO2 rises to a level just under 1000 some cases 1500 due to the amount of people in the building. Had to shut a place down here in texas cuz their ventilation system was not up to snuf and people were getting sick....

maybe just put some hamsters/rodents in a cage for live C02....rofl

hey when i was cybersearching i found a web site named fugly.com; that you by any chance?

fugly said:
i dont think you need a dangerous materials permit to get a tank of Co2 though it may very state to state....its an inert gas/liquid/solid. we use it regularly for mig welding as a shielding gas. ive got a few C02 tanks in the house as well as argon tanks for my tig welder.

Just for transportation reasons. No one does it... I'm just saying I have all the permits n whatnot already... so all it would cost me is the 50lb cylinder ~$74 or so each fill. I just want to know... if the yield difference is worth ~74 or perhaps it takes 2 50lb tanks for a grow or whatever... we must have someone or know someone on here that would know!

astra...sorry.
hey kade,
why not experiment. one batch with the tank and the other without ....using the same plant of course.

im pretty sure the c02 room will have a better yield, but i have yet to prove it...:)

i would say try it - when i researched CO2 and generators they had a graph for how much to use. it wasnt much for daily use. most of the members here are small growers thus maybe not CO2 users. good luck.

Well at the very least I could fill some ppls paintball tanks if it doesn't work out I guess.. lol

My 20# tank cost $11.50 to fill up.... $75.00 sounds steep for a refill for 50#'s.

Well it is way more then 50lbs... the ppl that sell it just call it a 50lber... hell if i know what it is exactly. Acetylene and oxygen comes in them too. And yes, it costs $74 to get the tank. Altho this is also canadian... so like wha.... $5 us?

no i would try it and then ya can tell us the results. just research it for safety sake good luck

Latest posts

Back