CO2 Generators

Discussion in 'Cultivation' started by pcduck, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Mar 6, 2013 #21

ShOrTbUs

ShOrTbUs

ShOrTbUs

:yeahthat:

there's roughly 300-400ppm of C02 depending on location around the world. thats why we use such big fans. not only do they keep our grow rooms cool, they exchange the air in the grow room every minute or 2, so that the ppm's remain in the 300-400 range. when people use tanks or generators, the ppms are jacked way up to 1500ppm. the controllers are there so that the ppm stays that high at all times when lights are on.

2. Mar 6, 2013 #22

Dr. Green Fang

Dr. Green Fang

Dr. Green Fang

You don't see me . . .

Nice, thanks for extending that a bit Shortbus. I fully grasp this one now :)

3. Mar 6, 2013 #23

ShOrTbUs

ShOrTbUs

ShOrTbUs

4. Mar 6, 2013 #24

Growdude

Growdude

Growdude

I am the Smo King

My advice is dont over think it, that can lead to "loving them to death".

I always tell new growers to keep it simple, use a 1 part nute like Floranova Grow for vegging and advance from there.

There are alot of things that are not 100% necessary to have a very sucessful
    harvest.

5. Mar 6, 2013 #25

Dr. Green Fang

Dr. Green Fang

Dr. Green Fang

You don't see me . . .

Thanks Growdude. :) Really appreciate that there.

6. Mar 6, 2013 #26

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod Staff Member Admin

I really like the GH Flora Nova grow. It is a 1 part nutrient that works really well. I prefer it to the 3 part for vegging. However I had problems with the bloom and use the Flor series (micro and bloom only) for flowering.

7. Jul 9, 2013 #27

MJ20

MJ20

MJ20

Super Sativa

I've been using home made yeast and sugar co2 generators for about a month now.The difference to me is noticeable..would be nice if someone could do a co2 vs non c02 grow.The fertilizers I use on the nitrogen side come with added carbon to them also..another option to consider when adding that good co2 to the mix.

8. Jul 24, 2013 #28

Wetdog

Wetdog

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog

You are quite correct AFA the on demand water heaters do the same thing at a much lower cost than the horticultural units. Design wise, they are pretty much identical (the water cooled units).

Sorta like a bag of Magnesium Sulfate being 3x the cost of the same size bag of Epsom Salts even though the ingredients are identical.:holysheep:

Wet

9. Jul 28, 2013 #29

Ruffy

Ruffy

Ruffy

i love mj!

so im having issues finding proper 3-5 ton a/c or air handler units in Canada to keep the rooms cool.i don't want chillers or a 2 part a/c unit
    any help on brand names, or another name for, stand alone water cooled ac units?

10. Dec 19, 2017 #30

madframermrc

madframermrc

madframermrc

The day I started using co2 is the day I learnt what the plants truly need and love. Worth every $ spent on average I veg clones no more then 18 days 1500ppm all day cycle and I stop 5th-6th week flower depending on strain.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

11. Dec 19, 2017 #31

sopappy

sopappy

sopappy

Here I was thinking the more time I spend in the rooms the better.
    I've been meaning to put a comfy chair in there for naps. And I often turn the exhaust off when I'm in there.
    With this hobby growing, it seems less I try, the better.
    Ramp, schmamp.

12. Dec 29, 2017 #32

Keef

Keef

Keef

I myself have a high tech CO2 generator !-- Grow room temp is also the right temp to ferment !--

20171228_191236-1.jpg

13. Dec 29, 2017 #33

Keef

Keef

Keef

Want a recipe ? -- I specializes in Apple Jack and Blueberry Merlot but if it got sugar in it ? --I can ferment it !-- Apple Jack and apple wine be different U know ? -- Takes me one them 5 gallon buckets of wine to make a gallon of Jack !-- I don't distill !-- Mostly cause I don't have to !-- That stuff make U eat sheet and howl at the moon ! -- I don't drink anymore-- I just makes it !-- I grows a little weed too !-- I run a 4 part bloom rotation of 60 day finishers ---Aero under LEDs ! -- So I harvest every 2 weeks !

14. Jan 2, 2018 #34

pcduck

pcduck

pcduck

InmYgArdEnwATcHtInGItgRoW

@keef for CO2 in a greenhouse, one can use compost under the flooring, for CO2 and heat.

15. Jan 2, 2018 #35

Keef

Keef

Keef

Duck I grow in a spare bedroom that's open to room air with a concrete floor -- I enjoy brewing and the grow room temp seems to work well for it !-- I seriously doubt my brewing raises the CO2 level much but more is more !-- Brewing and Growing weed just go together well for me !-- They both need to be hidden so being in the same place seems logical !-- Maybe one day I have a sealed grow room and I can raise the CO2 concentration !-- Without a sealed grow U just can't control CO2 levels but weed grow just fine on room air !-- I grow aero and ideally I need a higher O2 level for my roots and higher CO2 for my leaves !
    I ain't figured that one out yet !

16. Jan 2, 2018 #36

Keef

Keef

Keef

I got plans for a small mom and pop commercial grow soon as the law changes some !-- That CO2 from brewing might not help my plants that much while they growing but it will help later !-- 5 gallons of Apple Wine and I freeze 4 gallons of water ice off of it -- When my time comes to move some weed -- U might need to sample some Jack before we start talking price ? -- I get my price maybe I throw in a couple bottles or a case of Apple Jack depending on how much U want !-- So in the end the CO2 gonna help me just fine !