CO2 in a ventilated room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sahdu

Reaction score
how you guys keep it in, i mean you gotta have the exhaust going and then the co2. the exhaust pretty much will be taking out the co2 as well. unless you time the co2 for a certain time and then have the exhaust come on sometime after. but the thing i dont understand is isnt this still wasting alot of co2? and the more bulbs the more heat means you gotta have your exhaust on almost all the time. is co2 worht it in the end.

If your room has adequate ventilation that exchanges the air constantly there is no need for CO2 imho... CO2 is best used in a closed or sealed environment. If you are constantly sucking copious amounts of air out of your grow room with your ventilation you will be fighting a losing battle trying to keep the CO2 at elevated levels. To use elevated levels of CO2 properly you really need to have precise monitoring of the CO2 levels present and gizmos that use the CO2 level readings to control injections when the ventilation gear is not running and only during lights on. And you need to maintain higher temps too for the elevated levels of CO2 to be put to good use by the plants.

Peace!:cool:

:yeahthat:

Besides bdeing very expensive, there are a lot of problems associated with using enhanced CO2 levels in a grow--some of which you have noted. Having an air tight room, monitoring and regulating CO2 levels, and coordinating release of CO2 and exhaust fans can be problematic. IMO, if you are exchanging the air in your space 3-4 times a minutes, your plants are getting adequate CO2. I believe that you would be better off spending the money on additional lighting.

IMO, if you are exchanging the air in your space 3-4 times a minutes, your plants are getting adequate CO2.

True, but this is not the point of CO2 supplementation. With proper CO2 supplementation your plants will growth will be greatly accelerated. This is a fact. CO2 supplementation is not about providing adequate levels, it is about providing the maximum beneficial level.

With that being said you do not sound like you are ready for, nor understand how to properly use CO2 and until you do you will be wasting your money.

Latest posts

Back