CO2 question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlo

Reaction score
As I continue my pursuit of growing denser and more potent buds, I have a question about CO2. I've read that certain growers use CO2 and I've tried it on my last grow. I've used something called x-hale and the plants have seemed to look more healthy, especially in the vegetation room. I've seen there are CO2 canisters/tanks that spray CO2 into the room every so often.

Does anyone have any experience using CO2? What are the specific benefits? Is using a CO2 canister a better idea or continue using x-hale?

I haven't used the ex-hale but I did use the CO2 Boost and couldn't tell a whole lot of difference as I suspect it just wasn't enough. The CO2 addition is definitely good to use if your setup allows for it. The problem for most people using co2 is that they are using heavy ventilation to combat heat in the grow rooms and this defeats co2 injection as you are just sucking it out of the space. If you have a large-ish space and use AC for temp regulation and vent only through your lights to cool them, then having co2 would be a definite benefit. :)

There is more to it than just releasing CO2 into a space. CO2 needs to be controlled, regulated, and administered at specific rates to really be beneficial. You need to have an air tight room. I have also heard that you need enhanced lumens for the plant to be able to use the higher CO2 levels. Release of CO2 and ventilation need to be coordinated.

^^ yup.

Ive found that 1800ppm is noticeably more effective than a lower ppm concentration of 1200-1400.

Thanks for the insight. Sounds like I don't have a sophisticated set up to use CO2. Maybe one day!

You could always put a cage full of rabbits in the growroom. They breath in the O2 and breath out CO2, and they constantly eat and make fertilizer, not to mention if you get a male and some females, they will regenerate :hubba:

Latest posts

Back