co2 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufindo

weedaholic
Reaction score
hey im also trying to make some diy co2 makers. do i introduce the co2 to the water tank, or the leaves? im confused on this part. plz help!

You want the Co2 to be available for leaf use although I have heard of people using it for the res. to carry it to roots.
Traditional Co2 fills the room up so the leaves (specifically the stomatas) can intake it into the plants.

co2 is used at the leaf level... u want oxygen to the roots.

As early as you want. I wouldn't put co2 in the res, leaves only. Like Kade said, oxygen to the roots, co2 would suffocate the roots.

i think u do it during budding cycle constantly? right kade?

If i had a co2 setup I'd use it 24/7 (cept when lights off, plants work opposite in darkness) every part of the cycle if you can afford it.

ya see thats the trick,

sealed room with no ventilation, while using co2.

you need an AC unit and a dehumidifyer.

Most ppl have too much heat buildup... like me... plus co2 is $$.

kade, do u think if i shut off the ventillation off for a few hrs mabye twice a day and expose them to the co2. would that be ok? do u think it would help or hurt? of course id seal off the grow room so the co2 ppms could get high.

if you are using a co2 tank set-up,you can have the lights and ventilation come on.
then after about 1/2 hour shut ventilation down, and add co2 for an hour.
then have ventilation for 1/2 hour, then an hour of co2 again.
repeat until the end of light time.
then leave ventilation on, till next light cycle.
this will only help if temps. stay below 86deg and humidity stays under 60%
If you get a vented shade like they show on your link, that would help huge.

what canso said... he beat me to it!

Latest posts

Back