co2 room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bizzy323

Reaction score
do I need to exhaust my room even with co2? I got a sealed room with split air conditioner...

yes it needs to be replaced....with the air intake and exhaust...

how are the plants growing with the A/C but w/o the co2? As in are they getting too hot, or do you got your temps dialed?

7greeneyes said:
yes it needs to be replaced....with the air intake and exhaust...

No need to exhaust any air from the room if temps/humidity are in check, just keep Co2 levels @ 1200 + and your good.

ahh cool...not a fan of using co2,

thought you'd need air exchange but thats covered by the co2 duh

have a good one growdude...

1800ppm in a sealed room, run the lines above the canopy and meter at canopy level away from co2 outlet.

do not vent if running co2.

do not run a cheap regulator incase running big tanks. leaking all of the co2 out could displace all oxygen and be fatal if you might sleep near the grow or on the same or lower level.

not saying running a small tank in a closet will fill the entire house and kill you but i wanted to put it out there....

If you have a totally sealed room(except for the entry door) and you are using CO2 from a bottle, wouldn't you need to allow some exhausting to occur to prevent pressure buildup from the compressed CO2? Or would it equalize enough each time you entered the space? I would be concerned then about odor exhausting out the door or other "cracks" from pressure buildup. :)

Now if you are using a CO2 generator then you wouldn't have much pressure buildup as the CO2 and O2 would just exchange from the plants to the generator :)

you do not need to run an exhaust, but you should have one in place. one of my favorite things about c02 is that you can rid yourself of pests by pumping the c02 up to 10kppm for a period of time. then just exuast it out. even when running c02 i would still exaust every once in a while and refill the room.

ShOrTbUs said:
even when running c02 i would still exaust every once in a while and refill the room.

I am curious, Why? If your Temps,RH and CO2 Levels are cool, why exhaust at all?

Hushpuppy said:
If you have a totally sealed room(except for the entry door) and you are using CO2 from a bottle, wouldn't you need to allow some exhausting to occur to prevent pressure buildup from the compressed CO2? Or would it equalize enough each time you entered the space? I would be concerned then about odor exhausting out the door or other "cracks" from pressure buildup. :)

Now if you are using a CO2 generator then you wouldn't have much pressure buildup as the CO2 and O2 would just exchange from the plants to the generator :)
Hushpuppy, are you referring to a propane generator? I have thought of using a propane tank because of the price and availability but I am afraid to burn gas in a 5' x 8' x 8'' enclosed indoor space. I am not afraid of CO2 tanks because CO2 is not flammable.

I use a water cooled MiniGen in my 4x4 tent. Works great.:)

YYZ Skinhead said:
Hushpuppy, are you referring to a propane generator? I have thought of using a propane tank because of the price and availability but I am afraid to burn gas in a 5' x 8' x 8'' enclosed indoor space. I am not afraid of CO2 tanks because CO2 is not flammable.

As long as the burner is the proper distance from walls/ceiling...no worries on a propane burner. In a space like yours it will not need to run much at all to keep it up to correct ppm's.

NorCalHal said:
As long as the burner is the proper distance from walls/ceiling...no worries on a propane burner. In a space like yours it will not need to run much at all to keep it up to correct ppm's.
:aok: :aok: Awesome. I can get propane tanks right around the corner from my house. Green mojo.

Latest posts

Back