CO2 Systems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Back-packer

Reaction score
What's up everyone, I'm looking for some help constructing a CO2 system for my room. I was going to attach a solenoid valve to the regulator on my CO2 tank and then attach a flow meter to the solenoid valve, from that point I was going to attach some tubing with holes in the bottom of the tubing. With this set-up I would be able to keep a good constant level of CO2 in my room, but Its a little expensive. So I was hopeing someone could give some ideas of how to create a similar system for not much money.

thanks for all the help,
BP

i use yeast and sugar in a 2liter pop bottle. drill a 1/4 hole in the cap run a 1/4 hose from the 2 liter bottle into 3liter bottle with the top cut off. and fill it with water.on the end of the hose i have a fish tank bubbler.stick it in the water and watch the bubbles.i put a small pc fan on top of the 3 liter bottle so the fan circulates the co2.

2cups sugar and 1 tablespoon high active yeast.shake use warm water,fill 2inch from top so the co2 can build pressure.good for 2 weeks,shake after bubbles stop.system works good for 4/6 plants i put the 3 liter bottle in the middle of the plants and have my 2 liter bottle in corner of room .dont forget to silicon the cap with the hose comming out of the 2 liter

http://www.plantedtank.net/articles/DIY-Yeast-CO2/7/

i found a link for ya.i like the 3 liter bottle with the top off and hose in water to know when to shake or change.no bubbles means no co2

i have had good results with this method. i have pics but the mannage attatchments not working for me. cost to build 6$

the link i gave you is for a fish tank.but its the same for maryjane,i wanted to show you pics on how everthing is made. the mesurements are little diff
stick with mine and you will bo good.during flowering i add 2 more 2 liter bottles and run all hosses in the 3 litre

108 005.jpg

co2boost.com -

co2boost, you can get it at your local hydro shop. just plug it in and go for 90days before you need a refill. can keep a 15x15 room at 1500 easy. and its small and affordable. 125 bucks, and completely ready to plug in.

How early should I put the co2 to the plants.. Is this only when they start to flower???

young plants dont need as much, but there's nothing wrong with using it early on. just make sure to stop using it the last 10 days of flowering, because it can lower the potency of your crop.

Thanks Funkymonkey, I will be transplanting this weekend so it sounds like a good time to get the co2 set up.. I actually make my own wine so I am thinking that I may put my fermenting wine in with the plants and see how that does.. For the first week it puts off a lot of co2. After that you transfer it into a carboy to let it bubble for another couple of weeks... I guess that would work until the wine is done at least...

better than nothing. but know that the intake of co2 through the leaves is what is known as a 'dependent reaction'. in order for them to truely benefit it needs to be at a constant level for a long enough period of time for that individual to get acostomed to it, and therefore use it.

it doesnt take long, but some people think blasting in some co2 every now and then is good for your plant, when it doesnt make a difference at all. hardly any of that co2 would be processed.

just watever level you get it to; try and keep it there consistantly and your plants will fluorish

Right on. So it doesn't take a lot, just a constent flow over time. That shouldn't be to hard to set up... Thanks for the info... Hey one more thing, would it help to put a air hose with a air stone on the end of it then put that into the berrel holding water for watering.. That would impragnate the co2 into the water, I would think any way....

yea but i dont think it would make a noticable difference. if you really wanted to you can buy "co2 tablets" from the hydro store and it releases it slowly over a period of time.

you can pump air into your water though that would be beneficial as well.

there is a "correct" amount of co2 to have in a room. i believe it 1300-1500ppm for a 10x10 room. -that would be the highest, most efficient co2 flow you would want- anything more and the plants would burn.

but any increase is very beneficial. 1300-1500ppm would just be the most efficient and beneficial.

but yea just make whatever increase you do consistant and youll be doin good.

Latest posts

Back