CO2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoseyWales

I reckon so.
Reaction score
I have a question regarding CO 2. Can CO 2 be given to the plants soil and root system? Will the roots take in the CO 2 like oxygen. The reason i ask is it would be more efficient to CO 2 the soil for the roots than flood a tent that will only be vented outside any way, better use of much less gas.

Where do I begin? let's start with stoma and transpiration … google it. So basically, that's not how it works.

No please do not attempt to introduce co2 into your root zone ever. Not only is it useless to the plant, it goes into solution in water as carbonic acid and will royally screw your pH balance.
Atmosphere only, at temperatures high enough, with intense enough light that the plant can actually use it.
I only juice in flower, during 'daylight' hours, and only in the 80-85' range. You can run your room a little warmer if using co2, and if you have temperature control issues, this is a very good way to reduce stress on the plants. Set your tank solenoid on the same timed relay as your big lights, and run a thermostatic regulator so it releases gas only when temps are high enough, or you're just blowing money out your ventilation ducts.

Yes higher temps to use CO2, well actually it's vapor pressure deficit, google it. I bypass all of that by forcing the stoma to open with low frequency sound, biowave. Google it.

Yes higher temps to use CO2, well actually it's vapor pressure deficit, google it. I bypass all of that by forcing the stoma to open with low frequency sound, biowave. Google it.

Wow, it just goes to show me how much i don't know. It makes sense low frequency triggers a resonance that the stoma opens. If the plants not breathing it's not feeding.

I brew in the grow room !-- It's not enough to bring the CO2 up to levels U guys are talking about but I got more CO2 in the room than just room air -- So I brew for the plants benefit -- That's my story and I'm sticking to it !

No please do not attempt to introduce co2 into your root zone ever. Not only is it useless to the plant, it goes into solution in water as carbonic acid and will royally screw your pH balance.
Atmosphere only, at temperatures high enough, with intense enough light that the plant can actually use it.
I only juice in flower, during 'daylight' hours, and only in the 80-85' range. You can run your room a little warmer if using co2, and if you have temperature control issues, this is a very good way to reduce stress on the plants. Set your tank solenoid on the same timed relay as your big lights, and run a thermostatic regulator so it releases gas only when temps are high enough, or you're just blowing money out your ventilation ducts.

Thank you for your response. After asking my question i read a few articals on Co2 mostly the temps must be around 80 t0 85 under bright lights, also very important, the Co2 should rain down on the plants. In my tent 4x4 i have the vent at the top and 2 bags very low to the floor, i'm gonna change this week. I just ordered a Kingbo 1200w LED light and hang my bags above the plants my help a little. How much Co2 do those bags actually produce?

Yay for plant music; if A Tribe Called Quest makes cheese cultures happy... Google that one for a smile!
Edit: dunno about bags, I use a controllable tank. Your air circulation is gonna mix it all into the atmosphere anyway.

I brew in the grow room !-- It's not enough to bring the CO2 up to levels U guys are talking about but I got more CO2 in the room than just room air -- So I brew for the plants benefit -- That's my story and I'm sticking to it !

Thank you if i start brewing the wife will start moving out.

IMHO, those CO2 bags produce hardly anything and are pretty useless and a waste of money. To be effective, CO2 needs to be run at fairly high levels, usually around 1200-1500 ppm. You need some way to regulate it and a sealed room so you are not wasting it. While CO2 enhancement can be effective, it takes a source of CO2 that you can regulate (a tank or a burner), some way to regulate it, and a room set up for CO2. You would probably be better off spending the money you are spending on those bags on something like more lighting, better nutes/additives, or better soil.

My flower space is 16 x 24 so I use a 4 burner CO2 generator burning propane. I run at 2000 ppm. Tank of propane lasts 10 days.

Latest posts

Back