Coco question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi Yall, I have Mother earth coco and perlite mix. Do I need to do anything to it before putting germinated seeds in there? I always have a long time for the seeds to pop. I am wondering if I need to soak the medium in a phed water solution. Thank you.

Check with your Coco manufacturer some coco require a rinse and a preload before use some do not it comes already preloaded.
If you paid cheap, I would rise the coco well (it comes from salty beaches) and look up how to preload coco I forget the steps it was easy though

Check with your Coco manufacturer some coco require a rinse and a preload before use some do not it comes already preloaded.
If you paid cheap, I would rise the coco well (it comes from salty beaches) and look up how to preload coco I forget the steps it was easy though
"Mother Earth Coco + Perlite Mix is a natural plant growth media that is a great alternative to potting soil and other traditional growing medias. Coconut coir is made from the fiber of coconut husks and is an alternative to peat-based medias. Mother Earth Coco + Perlite incorporates 70% of the finest coco pith and fiber blend as well as 30% perlite for better aeration and drainage. Increased aeration and more drainage allow gardeners to more aggressively feed without worrying about overwatering. With its unsurpassed texture, porosity and high cation-exchange capacity, Mother Earth Coco + Perlite creates the perfect growing environment."

Yes, its the pre mixed bag.
I looked it up and can not find anything about having to rinse or preload with calmag
I would try and look at reviews and see what others have said
Looks to be a premix 30% perl 70% coco which is what I use to mix myself by hand, I would buy bricks of coco and break them up and wash them then a good soak in a calmag wash before mixing in perlite for use.
Looks like yours may be ready for planting.
Just remember there is no feed whatsoever in coco and you will need to start feeding them pretty quickly , small feeds nute wise.

Hi Yall, I have Mother earth coco and perlite mix. Do I need to do anything to it before putting germinated seeds in there? I always have a long time for the seeds to pop. I am wondering if I need to soak the medium in a phed water solution. Thank you.
I would run a watering PH balance 1 time before planting
And watch your runoff water for PH swings and adjust if needed

I just phed water to 5.8 with a bit of cal mag. I will soak the coco tomorrow, and check the runoff once I pour more phed cal mag water through the solo cups the seedlings will make their new home.

Latest posts

Back