coconut oil tincture? Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

How can I make a tincture out of coconut oil and keep it liquid?

My niece is battling breast cancer and i made a CBD tincture that tastes TERRIBLE. Never would she even get a drop down. I wanted to do a quick cook, not a month soaking.

Any ideas please?

don't know if it's possible rose.
from what i understand; the idea of using coconut oil/fat, is because marijauna's goodness binds to it.. so i don't know how you would get it back after that's already done.

could be wrong, maybe someone has a better thought.. but what about just mixing the cannaoil in some coffee/warm milk though?.. something to melt the butter? even just lukewarm will melt coconut canna oil.

likely taste better than a tincture anyway ;) -my mom couldn't do tincture either :(

Tincture made from veg glycerin would probably taste the best. However, it's the most difficult to make. The Magical Butter Machine claims to make it in 4 hours. I will have one this week and let you know.

Also, like K said, the coconut oil will melt at just above room temperature so anything that's even warm (like coffee or tea) would melt it right away.

Or, canna-caps. I never made them but I assume they are tasteless since you swallow them whole.

caps are how folks I know do RSO, would think it would be the same with a tincture

I make rso and it goes in a syringe. That is a thought Umbra... I think it would taste better in coconut oil. Maybe just push a drop out of the tube like rso and it would melt in your mouth?

Kaotik, sorry your mom couldn't do it. My niece is so sick from the chemo she has to have drops.

Hackerman, i have made a lot of glycerine tincture, i guess I could go back to that. I made one once with half glycerine and half bacardi 151, it tasted good. Maybe it is the pot I used that makes this one taste so terrible. It is a cbd tincture.

Thanks guys...I am up for any suggestions.

Also, one reason this tastes so bad is the chlorophyll. Have any of you rinsed your pot in water before making tincture? IF you soak it does the greeness leave?

Coconut oil will not stay liquid at room temp--nothing you can do about it. I am looking at using emu oil to make a salve instead of coconut oil as the emu oil has its own healing properties and it is a good carrier.

If you want to do a tincture that she is going to use sublingually, I would make it with alcohol.

I did THC with rum and it is nasty tasting. really bad. Might have been the no thc pot, i don't know.

LOL--I kinds figured that when you are only putting a drop or 2 under your tongue, it can be nasty. IME, there really are not very many edibles at all that do not have a nasty taste. I'm thinking that even if you do figure out a way to keep the coconut oil somewhat soft that oil with cannabis in it is going to taste just as nasty as the alcohol tincture--I think it might even be worse--the thought of cold oil is just somehow unpleasant...but them I do drink alcohol and you do not. A high alcohol solvent is going to remove more of the cannabinoids than the oil, too.

I am letting some of the alcohol evaporate off. Mr rb tasted it and he said it tasted terrible too but he didn't think it was the rum. LOL

my favorite THC
is coconut oil cannaoil. ....................nuf said.

my favorite THC
is coconut oil cannaoil. ....................nuf said.

That wasn't nuf said, please tell me how you did it.

Multi, that sounds good. I haven't ever made hash. I do have the bags, but i am not a big hash lover, so have never done it.

Freezing everything first? When do I decarb? Multi, thank you so much for your interest and help.

Rosebud,
beemer makes capsules using coconut oil and cannabis for his wife. I`m sure he would help ya out when he stops by. Hope this might help.

Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions. I ended up letting the booze evaporate at least an inch off the top of the jar. I gave a bottle to a friend who has lots of pain and she reported great results. She said it stings and burns under the tongue but she held it there like i told her to and she said the pain was gone a while later but she could still type..not like my old tinctures... She prefers not to be stoned. why? some people.lol

Coconut oil cannaoil--The green mounds bar!
1. decarb the buds (any way)
. put in small mason jar(approx. 14oz size)
. add a few ounces of unrefined coconut oil. may need to microwave
. a few seconds first.
2. put this small mason jar into a half hot water filled crock pot.
. jar lid on loose.
. put lid on crock pot and cook low or hi for several hrs.
3. I carefully strain into a container when cooled a bit.
4. sometimes my green 'mounds' bar gets solid but I love it. 1 tbspn/day.
...and trans fats are now a good thing. ...MY mounds bar.
...and no refrigeration needed. tastiest edible ive found. sesame/walnut 2nd

I re-run my coco-mix to clean it up...takes the green taste out...after you cook your coconut-water mix, you let it cool in the fridge...or outside in the brrrrrr....once it solidifies, the water is drained out and near-boiling water is added again...repeat until the water is nice and clear...usually 4 times...hth

mojo

edit to add: I strain my mix with a stainless steel strainer, then I run that through my 1 liter coffee press with a double layer of cheese cloth...tidies up real nice real quick

Latest posts

Back